🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two Clients With Conflicting Job Description
Page options
endytech
Community Member

Two Clients With Conflicting Job Description

Hi everyone,

I am currently having issues dealing with ''a'' client.

Here is how it happened:

Client A posted a job and I submitted my proposal. Got a message and was interviewed. Client A stated that I was supposed to make a ''minor edit to an already published article''. I checked the article and really, what Client A wanted me to do could take me around 10-15 minutes so we agreed on a price that is below my hourly rate since I wasn't going to spend anything close to an hour. The client then said they were going to ask their ''boss'' to send the contract offer.

Client B(the boss) then sent an offer for the exact amount I and Client A settled on. I accepted the offer, then just as I was about to commence the job, Client B sent me a google document of 22 pages and said that was the job I have signed up for. To complete this job, I might spend over 8 hours with full attention to this job alone.

I protested, then went ahead to do a full two hours job and asked client B not to even pay a dime. Then they started telling me to go sort ''my issues'' with client A. But that I have to deliver their job as agreed. I tried to find a compromise but they wouldn't budge so I submitted the job. 

I need to know if there is any action that is required of me. I am very sure they will leave a bad review on my profile and I have had only five stars review in all my jobs so far.

My JSS is currently 100%. How would this one review affect me? Any advice or reprimand for me, going forward?

4 REPLIES 4
tagrendy
Community Member

Client A and client B might be doing a scam, report to Upwork. You shouldn't even have wasted your time working on anything as soon as you noticed the red flag. While Upwork says that contracts with $0 outcome still negatively effect JSS after closing ( if the client leaves bad review ), I've had 2 instances of that happening and it didn't effect my JSS much. 

These clients have probably done this stunt to other freelancers and will continue doing so, the only thing that can stop it is Freelancers reporting them as fraudulent. 

Save your time and energy on trying to "work this out", they will leave you a bad feedback either way, the longer you wait, the more of your time and energy they are going to take. Close the contract, report them, move on to get a good big project.

Thank you very much.

elitegra
Community Member

PRO TIP: Never accept the contract until you see what is really required and ask as many questions as you may have to confirm. I know that many prompt to accept the offer right away. Take your time, if a client spends a few days or you are not satisfied with their answer, just decline it. That´s better than having a bad client.

About the rating, I am pretty sure it would affect you. I am all the time 100%, but from to time, we get that not-so-fair client that hit us badly like just happened to me, and took it down to 97%, but I don´t mind as I know that I will get back to 100% soon.

You are doing great, just keep up the good work and be careful, be very pick to accept a new client. Scammers are everywhere.

Thank you. 

I will take my mind off it and move on. To think that this job is the least amount I have/was ever going to earn here, yet it is the same job that will affect my score!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members