🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two Different UpWork Accounts On Same Interne...
Page options
aziz-m_shahzad
Community Member

Two Different UpWork Accounts On Same Internet On Same/Different PC

Greetings,

I read the threats already regarding the concern, but I still have a question which I need to be answered;

Questions:
1) Can we use two different user accounts (me and my brother with different skills) on the same internet and on the same PC?
2) Currently, my account is login in my PC and Laptop, but I was thinking to give my laptop to my brother for his use forever. I will use my PC only for my account and he will use his laptop for his account at the same time(simultaneously) on the same internet? Is there any issue?
3) Can we login simultaneously from our own laptops/PC on the same internet?
4) I was thinking to expand my business, so I will build my office soon, where different people will use the same internet to use their accounts on their respective laptops, even I will also use my account on the same internet. Is there any issue?

Thank you so much for your time! 😊
Please answer in bullet points as asked to get more clarity

Shahzad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad Shahzad,

I would like to answer your question in general since I would be providing the same reply for each. Using the same IP address and logging in to a laptop/computer that is also used by another freelancer is not a violation so long as you are logging in using your own Upwork credentials. What you should avoid is account sharing which is a serious violation of Upwork TOS. You should not share your log in details, nor have another freelancer use your account to work on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad Shahzad,

I would like to answer your question in general since I would be providing the same reply for each. Using the same IP address and logging in to a laptop/computer that is also used by another freelancer is not a violation so long as you are logging in using your own Upwork credentials. What you should avoid is account sharing which is a serious violation of Upwork TOS. You should not share your log in details, nor have another freelancer use your account to work on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Perfect.

No one would like to share their credentials and no one is interested in that...

Thanks for your response

Can we use two different user accounts on the same internet and two different PC?

Hi Mahedi,

No, it is not a problem to share the same IP address with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
themohsinejaz
Community Member

Hi Nikola, thank you for clearing that up. I am just trying to wrap around my head on one thing. What equates to sharing an account with another person? How would Upwork know that? Not that I intend to do nor does that make sense to me, just want to avoid unintentionally doing that since we have multiple people in the same room using upwork. Thank you 

praveen109
Community Member

"don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts"

Means to keep separate computer for separate accounts. If you log your account on PC 1, then never log someone other account on that PC

Is it authentic?

Can any moderator verify Parveen's comment?

Hi Asif,

I can confirm that while you should not share your account information with someone else, that doesn't mean that two people can't use the same computer.

Each user is free to use the same PC for their individual accounts if they so choose, but note that you won't be able to log in to your respective accounts and use the Upwork Desktop App at the same time.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
b8b80eb0
Community Member

Thnaks a lot Luggi.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members