🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two Factor Authentication problem (allowing m...
Page options
odrissho
Community Member

Two Factor Authentication problem (allowing me to sign in only with password without the code)

Hi All, Specially Upwork moderators: I am having a issue with Upwork Two Factor Authentification. Upwork Two factor Authentication System is not working as it should be.  

My two factor authentification is on, I tried to sign in with different browsers (I didn't saved my login on these browsers) and I just needed to put the password and I successfully signed in! This is not suppose to happen. Upwork should have asked me for Two factor code after I put the password.  Only password shouldn't allow me to login as I set on my two factor authentification.

After Login I have gone to Settings, After clicking on settings Upwork asked me for the two factor authentification CODE. What is the use of that? Already I have logged in without the Code with only password. 

is anybody having the same issue? I have tried with incognito mode of the browser, also tried afte cleaning history & cookies, Even I did set up new windows then tried with brand new browser but Upwork didn't ask me two factor authentification CODE when I am log in! 

Is there any problem with Upwork? Did it change two factor system? 

Best Regards

Shahadat

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shahadat,

This is working as designed. When Two-step verification is enabled, the passcode will be used for login and other activity where it’s important to confirm that the person initiating the activity is “really you,” such as accessing Settings where payment and other sensitive information is located.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members