🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Two Jobs, Two Rates- Do BOTH Have to Show...
Page options
hahn-william
Community Member

Two Jobs, Two Rates- Do BOTH Have to Show Together?

I am seeking work as a text editor (charging $20/hour) as well as a voice-talent/narrator (charging $200/hour). When I set up the voice talent profile I can put the rate in the box below the description but when people check out the page the other rate pops-up at the top of the screen, and they see it first.

Confusing! Is there a way around this problem?

Will

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

William H wrote:

I am seeking work as a text editor (charging $20/hour) as well as a voice-talent/narrator (charging $200/hour). When I set up the voice talent profile I can put the rate in the box below the description but when people check out the page the other rate pops-up at the top of the screen, and they see it first.

You may want to add an additional specialized profile, specifically for your editorial work (too cheap at $ 20 I would say, but that's a different matter.)

Then, when people search for skills they will land on your editor specialized profile if they find you from an editorial search, and your voice talent specialized profile if they are looking for a voice talent.

When you apply, make sure you select the right specialized profile to apply with.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

William H wrote:

You may want to add an additional specialized profile, specifically for your editorial work (too cheap at $ 20 I would say, but that's a different matter.)

Then, when people search for skills they will land on your editor specialized profile if they find you from an editorial search, and your voice talent specialized profile if they are looking for a voice talent.

When you apply, make sure you select the right specialized profile to apply with.

AS Petra said ... and Bravo, William ... you are a rarity in that you charge professional rates for V/O work.  I estimate that 99.999% of your competitors don't even know what professional voice talent rates are.  Good for you!

Petra R wrote:

*blinks*

What? We can do this now?

Many thanks everyone! I see now that my profiles have not evolved with my thinking.

I originally tried to frame everything I could do for a client in two paragraphs, one profile.

When I broke out the voice-talent profile it created a difficulty with the other side of my work, but I have now created an editor-writer profile and I can direct a client to either one. The remaining general profile still has to have one rate/hour on it, and I chose the higher one (but wish I could have left it blank).

Really appreciate the quick and accurate assistance!

Will

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

*blinks*

What? We can do this now?

Sure....Well, I can, anyway, at the top of any proposal I am asked which profile I want to apply with.

specialized profile.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths