cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Mistakes Upwork And Clients Are Making.

Highlighted
Emmanuel N Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
11 of 29
Not to the clients, I meant to say freelancers. Thank you
Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
12 of 29

It's okay, Nwaneke. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
13 of 29
Hi, kamal M, if clients post jobs, and they no longer need it, they should try to close the job and not leave it open for freelancers to bid on it just for no reason. Thank you.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kamaludin M Member Since: Aug 22, 2015
14 of 29

Hi Nwaneke,

I understood your point, and I think it's fair but considering how busy they can be all of them will not be able to do that and Upwork will probably not intervene unless the job is 2-3 months old (this is when it expires)

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 29

Hi Nwaneke and others,

As Kamaal pointed out there are various reasons why clients may take time to sort through the proposals and interview candidates before they hire, so we are not planing to limit the time they can use to do so. However, jobs with no activity during 30 days will be automatically closed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
16 of 29

Valeria,

The discussion has been had before on closing jobs that are inactive in the past, but there are still jobs that have been open for years which have not hired anyone. Just because they check in and look at the job does not mean they are still interested.

Wouldn't it make more sense to be like any job board or newspaper even that you post a job for x amount of days and then repost it if you have not hired someone.

It is not like it is difficult to set the ad back up as Upwork has the option to post a previous job.

It is not limitin a client from a job. It just makes sense that jobs then would not be over 30 days old and they have the option to repost it.

I guarantee it would cut down on some of the **edited for Community Guidelines** postings.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 29

We understand that it can be frustrating to see job postings posted a while ago in your Job Feed and we have shared the discussions you are referring to with the team. We will certainly let the Community know about any changes in policies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
18 of 29

I totally agree that it may take some time to sort through all the proposals that come in. Sometimes there are hundreds but on the other hand, by 30 days, it should be long enough to not only shift through proposals, but to actually hire someone.

Having "activity" means that a client can click on their job once during that 30 day period, and continue to do that each month and that job can stay up for years.  In my experience, and many times and years applying for jobs, by the end of 2 weeks at the most a decision is made on who will be hired. If a clien tis not ready to hire, or doesn't have a budget at the money, then they should NOT post a job.

Highlighted
19 of 29
Okay, somehow, I agree that sorting through proposals can be hard, but if a client is serious, 4-5 days is enough to hire a freelancer.

And secondly, if Upwork should reduce the time limit of every job to a shorter time, I think clients will be serious. With this, we will know the serious ones.

Upwork should remove any job post that stays upto 1 week without hiring anyone.

Seriously, I don't know who to blame, whether Upwork or the clients, but I think is Upwork.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
20 of 29

What I like about the word "or" is that it separates options from each other.

What I like about options is that I am able to see how free I can be.

Now how am I using my freedom?

Nwaneke, there are actually other freelancing sites.  Why do you choose Upwork?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS