🐈 Community
mahmud-rippy

Two Questions

Hello,

Can anyone please help to get these answers? Two questions,

1. What happens when clients set the number of proposals in 5 but freelancers still keep sending their proposals when that first 5 is already filled? I mean, do those proposals show an error sign when first 5 is occupied their places in the list, so client ignores the rest of?

2. I was a kind of detached for last 3-4 months. I did bid but not  that regularly. So now when I back and keep bidding many but my profile visibility not getting up! No invite, no response from last 120 proposals! Has there anything I can do more out of sending proposals? BTW, I have been writing cover letter for 5 more years. I mean, I know the basic how to write to land a job. But this time it's not working the way I used to follow. Please advise. 

Thanks in advance! 

Mahmud
7 REPLIES 7

@AHM Mahmudur R wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone please help to get these answers? Two questions,

1. What happens when clients set the number of proposals in 5 but freelancers still keep sending their proposals when that first 5 is already filled? I mean, do those proposals show an error sign when first 5 is occupied their places in the list, so client ignores the rest of?

2. I was a kind of detached for last 3-4 months. I did bid but not  that regularly. So now when I back and keep bidding many but my profile visibility not getting up! No invite, no response from last 120 proposals! Has there anything I can do more out of sending proposals? BTW, I have been writing cover letter for 5 more years. I mean, I know the basic how to write to land a job. But this time it's not working the way I used to follow. Please advise. 

Thanks in advance! 

maybe the are thinking you are too busy with 20 jobs in progress.

Hi Martina,

Lol, I wish to but the reality is my previous clients did not end the contracts. 20 jobs in process is just a number. 🙂 

Mahmud

@AHM Mahmudur R wrote:

Hi Martina,

Lol, I wish to but the reality is my previous clients did not end the contracts. 20 jobs in process is just a number. 🙂 

it is a number that everyone can see and wonder about. Why do you not end contracts from 2015? It looks weird. 

The actual number of "Job in process" was 33. I sent Message Request to all of them. 13 clients ended the contracts but the rest of them are not responding. I can't end these by myself because if I do and if clients leave them without a feedback then it will affect my JSS. 

Mahmud

@AHM Mahmudur R wrote:

The actual number of "Job in process" was 33. I sent Message Request to all of them. 13 clients ended the contracts but the rest of them are not responding. I can't end these by myself because if I do and if clients leave them without a feedback then it will affect my JSS. 

No, it doesn't, only if you have an excessive number of them. It is very unlikely a client from 2015 will ever respond to you. 

@Martina P wrote:

@AHM Mahmudur R wrote:

No, it doesn't, only if you have an excessive number of them. It is very unlikely a client from 2015 will ever respond to you. 

If the OP closes all of them at once, and he has 30 odd "no feedback" showing on his profile, then it will affect his JSS. The best thing to do is to close a couple at a time Immediately after a successful contract. 

Yes Nichola, that's what I was advised and was following the way. I believe, I am going to end these 20 OP accordingly once some new jobs are going to be done with feedback in future. 

Mahmud
Learning Paths