🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two different person account and use same int...
Page options
rubelhasan56
Community Member

Two different person account and use same internet connection!

Hello,

I have a Upwork account and my cousin have a upwork account. But we are using same IP address internet connection.If we use this same internet connection, So what would be the problem of our account? Please give me correct information about this matter. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mst Faujia Y wrote:

I have a Upwork account and my cousin have a upwork account. But we are using same IP address internet connection.If we use this same internet connection, So what would be the problem of our account?

No, you just need to make sure that you never access each other's Upwork account.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
petra_r
Community Member

Mst Faujia Y wrote:

I have a Upwork account and my cousin have a upwork account. But we are using same IP address internet connection.If we use this same internet connection, So what would be the problem of our account?

No, you just need to make sure that you never access each other's Upwork account.

Thank you so much Petra

Can i use two account same desktop or laptop?

Md. Anarul H wrote:
Can i use two account same desktop or laptop?

As long as the two accounts do not belong to one person.... you just need to make sure that you never access each other's Upwork account.

Hello Petra,

Can we both cousin use same google chrome browser from two different desktop or laptop?

Mst Faujia Y wrote:

Hello Petra,

Can we both cousin use same google chrome browser from two different desktop or laptop?

What?

If two people use the same computer it is always wise to use two different user accounts on that computer.

But really, a freelancer should ideally have their own computer / laptop, ideally that and a backup.

What if both have an urgent job to finish at the same time?

Hi Md. Anarul and Mst Faujia,

It is not a violation to share the same IP address and computer/laptop with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. Also, it is not a violation to login to your account from the different IP addresses, computers or laptops. If you're using the time tracker on more than one computers you won't be able to do that at the same time.

It's important that you don't share your login credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am a freelancer and using co-work space where many other people have their upwork accounts and using same Internet connection. All people of this work space building using same internet. So, please guide it will suspended m account or not.

Thanks

Hi Abid,

It's okay for multiple Upwork users to use the same ISP or IP address to log into their separate Upwork accounts. Just make sure that login information is not shared and each user logs into their respective account to do the work and track time.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello there,

I hope you very well.

I have confusion about a question. Can you solve it?

The main question is:-

" can two different persons use her Upwork accounts in the same IP address? "

First I search in google and give an answer as per the attached file. Please check the first image. And then I check in the Upwork community. After some time I give an answer from you that as per your main answer.

So, which one is right?

We both use our personal accounts in the same IP address or not? I am waiting for your reply.

Thank you ☺

Hi Nirmal,

Yes two people can use the same computer to work on Upwork. But you will need to make sure that you`ve logged out from your account before the other one logs in and vise versa. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for helping me.

I have a another question.
' In how many devices and how much time you can log in with your upwork account. Yes not in the same time, but after log out in a device. '

Hi Nirmal,

Feel free to use your account whenever you need it. If any inconsistencies are noticed, our team will reach out to you directly with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much sir. 🙂

Hi, 

Our ISP assigns same IPs for each device that is connected to our router.

So my question is, can more than one people work at same time from their own/different computer even they will have same IP?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohammad,

It is not a violation to share the same IP address and computer/laptop with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. Also, it is not a violation to login to your account from the different IP addresses, computers or laptops. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yeah, not sharing accounts,

One person uses his own computer to access upwork website or use time tracker,

and other person also access upwork website or use time tracker from his own computer,

Both have same IP because they are connected to same router

If anyone wants to use its Upwork account from two devices (PC and mobile) but with the same internet connection. Is it allowed? 

Umair Iftikhar A wrote:

If anyone wants to use its Upwork account from two devices (PC and mobile) but with the same internet connection. Is it allowed? 

Yes.

Hi Umair,

Rest assured you won't have any problems if you`re logging in to your account from multiple devices. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members