🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Two-step verification: I need security questi...
Page options
sfart
Community Member

Two-step verification: I need security question instead current 6-digits on email

Hi,
how I can change type of extra login validation? Now it is 6-digits code on email (I have disabled Phone verification in settings and enabled Security question) and it is completely uncomfortable for me. I wish to be asked about security question instead current 6-digits on email. How I can change it?
Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Siarhei,

I'd like to clarify that security question and phone verification are two separate processes and both help us keep your Upwork account safe as part of two-step verification. There's no option to add a security question prompt instead of the verification code one. We ask you for your security question and for a verification code at different stages throughout the Upwork experience.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Siarhei,

I'd like to clarify that security question and phone verification are two separate processes and both help us keep your Upwork account safe as part of two-step verification. There's no option to add a security question prompt instead of the verification code one. We ask you for your security question and for a verification code at different stages throughout the Upwork experience.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I've tried several times but its not sendin g the 6 digit code to my email. Please check.

Hi Sammy,

I checked your account, and I can confirm that our team has already replied to your concern with your security question. Please check the email response from the team and follow the instruction they shared. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members