🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Two-step verification setup not working
Page options
mattbrown29
Community Member

Two-step verification setup not working

I just saw that Upwork supposedly will let me set up two-step verifcation. Unfortunately, setting up a phone number appears to be broken and not working.

Hey Upwork, if you are going to start charging for my Connects, get your act together and fix basic stuff like this. If a feature isn't working, don't tell people you have a cool new feature. It makes you look like you aren't a professional company.

8 REPLIES 8
mpopiv
Community Member

I suggest you to check this article Troubleshoot Mobile App. You can contact them through email **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Smiley Happy

This has nothing to do with the mobile app. It is all about the website. Right on the website, when I log in, they say, "Set up two-factor authentication". I can't set it up. I put in my phone number and it keeps saying that Upwork needs a phone number. It's on error on the website, not the mobile app.

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Can you please send me a PM with more information and a screenshot of the page so I can share with the team? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
tuvovan
Community Member

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 11.26.11.png

 my screen keeps loading like forever. How can I deal with this situation?

Hi Tu,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better
~ Joanne
Upwork
tuvovan
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I'm using Chrome on Mac M1. I also tried using message verification and notification to app but all failed. Should I use safari or any other browser rather than Chrome?

Hi Tu,

Can you please try using a different browser, also, if you haven't already, please check if you have the latest version of your browser. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tuvovan
Community Member

and it does not work on my iphone 11 either

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members