🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Two times "Account Flagged for Terms of S...
Page options
european74
Community Member

Two times "Account Flagged for Terms of Service Violation"

Hi

Today I received info that my profile was flagged for terms of Service violation.

I had trouble project with one client a few days ago. She flagged my profile for TOS violations.

Which was false accusation.

Today I received second information about another TOS violations. 

I did not contact the person at all. But my profile was flagged for "repeatedly asking your client to change feedback". I did not ask the client. 

Why Upwork flags my account for TOS violations and dont ask me if this is true or not.
The trouble client is a graphic designer and can make any fake screenshot. and then send it to Upwork and flag my acocunt.

Why Upwork cannot show me why my profile was flagged for TOS violation?

8 REPLIES 8
tlbp
Community Member

Did you discuss feedback with your client? Ever? 

european74
Community Member

I received 1star score. I asked to change the feedback because in my opinion it was too low. Can we do this?

Mariusz O wrote:

I received 1star score. I asked to change the feedback because in my opinion it was too low. Can we do this?

You just contradicted yourself. And no, we can not do this. 

Clients do not close projests. They leave projects open for very long time. Projects are not active.  Can we ask them to close the project and rate the project? 

Mariusz O wrote:

Clients do not close projests. They leave projects open for very long time. Projects are not active.  Can we ask them to close the project and rate the project? 

Personally I never, ever, mention feedback. I encourage clients to close the contract once the work was done. If they don't respond or close the contract, I eventually close one every now and again.

If a client left one star feedback, that client was categorically NOT happy and probably hoped never to have anything further to do with you. So yeah, asking her to change feedback wasn't just unprofessional, it also made the client even more mad than she was already...

It was hourly project. I worked 2 hours on the project. I made a design. The design was nice and correctly made for coding like a email. Emails have limitations. We cannot code emails in the same way as websites because there are limiatations.  So she closed down project and gave me 1 star score. I think in this way she wanted to get back all money for worked time. We know that projects without payment are wtihtout feedbacks. So in this way she pushed me to give mone back for working time. Now she has a nice design which she could use for coding on another freelancers website.

And the most interesting thing is that today my account was flagged for "repeatedly asking your client to change feedback".  BUT I DID NOT CONTACT HER.  She is a designer and she could produce a fake screenshot and then send it to Upwork with another accusation.
I dont have any info from Upwork what exaclty happened. I work on Elance /Upwork for 10 years. I completed proejcts for 1300 clients through both websites. And I really have no idea why my profile was flagged second time.
Is this typicall way to explaining what i did in wrong way?

Mariusz O wrote:

BUT I DID NOT CONTACT HER.  

Huh?

Mariusz O wrote:

I received 1star score. I asked to change the feedback because in my opinion it was too low

I did not contact her second time. My account was flaged second time today. 

I asked her to change the feedback  only onece (on Monday only).

And then my account was flagged for tos violations. It happened on Monday. 

Now it Saturdy and my account was flagged second time but i did not contact her since Monday 🙂

I dont know why. There is no explanation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths