🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: TypeError: Object (...) is not a function...
Page options
nadiabustos
Community Member

TypeError: Object (...) is not a function.

Hi. A week ago I tried to upload works to my portfolio and constantly an error arises: TypeError: Object (...) is not a function. How can we solve it?

111 REPLIES 111
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nadia,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your portfolio? If you`re still receiving the same error after this, please share a screenshot from your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your reply, I tried another browser and now I have another
error: TypeError: Object (je.f) is not a function. (In 'Object (je.f) (t)',
'Object (je.f)' is an instance of Array)
Any other idea?

I am trying to upload my portfolio and after some upload I received this error:

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.upload.response.error.message')

Due to this error, I cannot finish the upload process in my profile. Would there be any resolution to this? Thank you. 

Hi Mustafa,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please send me a private message with more information on this along with the screenshot of the error and the steps on how to reproduce so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm getting the same error message.

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.upload.response.error.message')

Hi Sharjeel,

Could you please confirm where you`re receiving this error or share the URL of the page? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I was updating my portfolio and just find a bug in the system while updating it.

The issue is on JS side and showing me the error: TypeError: Object(...) is not a function.

Let me help you fix it if you need my help.

Thank You

Regards,

Engr. Hussain Ahmad

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Hussain,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm getting the same bug.

I can help the technical team to fix it.

Hi Blain,

I shared your concern with updating your portfolio with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
carrie-r
Community Member

I'm getting the same bug as well. I'v tried clearing my cache and cookies and logging in with another browser, but nothing resolves the error. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused, Goran and Carrie.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same exact problem here. Please add me to the list. Thank you, Upwork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lawrence,

Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello i would appreciate your help with the same error when i upload my photos as well. If you can help this process go more smoothly that would be great. 

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm getting the same bug.TypeError: Object(...) is not a function

Hi Navin,

We're sorry for the inconvenience. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ntnga
Community Member

I have the same problem!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nga, and Aden,

I shared both of your concerns with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi mr hussain have you fixed that Issue. I got stuck with it

Thank you

I'm facing the same issue. A few hours ago I have tried to update my Portfolio but got this same error.

Hi Yasir,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello

I also have the same problem.  When I add images and press the Go to Preview I see this text '' TypeError: Object(...) is not a function ''. I use Google Chrome but I also tried to do it with Opera Browser but it didn't work. 

Could you help me please 

Thank you !

Hi Ogulcan,

I shared your concern with updating your portfolio with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
climongi
Community Member

Hi,
I am having the same portfolio problem (TypeError: Object(...) is not a function) . 

I also tried to open a ticket - as suggested - but I cannot find that option either. I can only see the Chat Bot, but it does not give me a link to send a ticket. When I go to my previous requests, there is no option to open a new one.

I hope you can help me.

Thank.

Claudio

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Claudio.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

Editing or uploading a portfolio item, the bug attached as image below appears often.

Sometimes it also doesn't want to upload at all ("something went wrong, please try later"), but a lot less often. The one above appears literally without exception during last 2 days.

Cheers,

Nenad

Hi Nenad,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and further assist.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b9710a25
Community Member

Hello, I'm also having TypeError: Object(...) is not a function issue. Would really appreciate some help.

Hi Fizah,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c178c0fb
Community Member

Hello, I'm also having TypeError: Object(...) is not a function issue.

Can you please, help me so I can finish updating my portfolio?

Thanks!

I'm getting the same error.  It seems when I got the error it did save the new portfolio item I was creating but it dropped one of the previous ones off.  I orginally had 3 portfolio items and added a new one.  Now one of the old is missing and I still have 3.

Any ideas??

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and keep you updated.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! 

I'm having the same bug, and it doesn't let me update my porfolio for more than 3 days already.

Regards,

Olga.

Hello! I have the same problem. When I try to update my portfolio, I get TypeError: Object(...) is not a function

Thank you for reaching out to us, Olga and Oleksandr.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
stancton
Community Member

I'm having the same problem than the other members on this thread - <TypeError: Object(...) is not a function> Could you include me in future updates & let me know when the problem is fixed. Thx.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths