🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » TypeError: Object (...) is not a function.
Page options
nadiabustos
Community Member

TypeError: Object (...) is not a function.

Hi. A week ago I tried to upload works to my portfolio and constantly an error arises: TypeError: Object (...) is not a function. How can we solve it?

111 REPLIES 111

Hi Leandro,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with uploading your portfolio item. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I faced the same problem as well. Could you please help me with it?

Hi Dmitriy,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
boon-heidi
Community Member

Please help with the above error, I am unable to a portfolio entry

Same issue

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you, Francesc.

Our team will reach out to you regarding this issue directly via a support ticket and keep you updated. We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi! It seems that text showed up but I was able to upload in spite of that, so it is solved, thank you very much for the quick reply!
24cbbd1a
Community Member

Did this ever get resolved? Is there something I am doing wrong? I have this same issue.

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also having this exact same issue!

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.upload.response.error.message')

Help! 

I am trying to upload portfolio images, but everytime I try to upload any I get the following eroor message:

"TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.upload.response.error.message')"

Occassionally certain files work, but the rest don't, even though they're all the same dimensions and formats.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sarah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Uploading files fixed
leslie-wagle
Community Member

This just started last night and is still there this morning. I can hit delete on files and get asked the usual "am I sure" etc. but when I go to preview I get "TypeError: n is undefined" and nothing saves to publish, where I just get error, try later. I thought it would have been reported but don't see another post. I don't think it is the browser - this was in FireFox and I get a similar situation through Safari, which says "TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'n.uid')" in case that helps. Thanks for any advice or work you can do on it, really need to do some editing, Leslie Wagle

Hi Leslie,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I had the same problem. When I tried to edit my portfolio and did preview on it, this error dialog appears "TypeError: n is undefined" even I did not change anything. Please advise..

Thanks,

Hi Rafli,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Having the same issue right now( I am trying to upload some .png's to my portfolio and getting a message: 

TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.upload.response.error.message')

Does not matter if I upload .png or .jpg, one file or couple of files at once - the same issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sofia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue.

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b55b0636
Community Member

After I upload I get the "TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined" pop up. I cleared my cache and cookies but it still doesnt solve it.

Hi Hazel,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue, please can anyone resolve this form me.

Thanks

aatiemo
Community Member

I keep receiving this error when uploading png files: TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined. I've looked to past threads but there's no solution. Is this an error on my end, or on the end of the server.

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abena,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ecoates
Community Member

Hey Bojan, I cleared my cookies, browser data, cache, logged in with another browser, etc, and it's still happening. Any other fixes?

Hi Ethan,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a62f0a6f
Community Member

I keep receiving this error when uploading png files: TypeError: Cannot read property 'message' of undefined. I've looked to past threads but there's no solution. Is this an error on my end, or on the end of the server. I'm still getting this evertime i try to update my profile, help! I have tried 3 different Broswers, Cleared Cache and Cookies. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4e6fd210
Community Member

same issue for me!

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the problem persists, please send us a screenshot of the error message so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem! Google chrome.

Hi Victoria,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths