🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Typing jobs
Page options
sparkesusan
Community Member

Typing jobs

Can someone please remove the "Document typing" jobs that are cluttering up the job feed? They're scams and trying to lure freelancers in with large amounts of money.

14 REPLIES 14
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Yes, please! Just block them before we have to even see them and then flag them. I flag them dozens of times EVERY DAY only to see them keep being reposted. Guess what? If they were scams the first million times, they're gonna be scams the next million. And if one legit post gets blocked so they can stop 100 scam posts, tough.

I agree! Seriously, just block them. I've been flagging them too.

Some of them even get really clever and mix it up by saying Typing of Documents, Typing Document, or Retyping of Documents instead of Document Typing! Or even just say Typing! I guess that’s how they keep fooling Upwork into letting them post! All are for converting PDF or screenshots to Word. Yes, these are easily spotted as scams by many freelancers, but not all, and certainly not for new ones who are excited to get their first job and are thus easier prey. It’s not a matter of learning to just ignore them or how to filter them. Upwork shouldn’t even allow them to be posted at all because they know as well as we do they are scams and spam yet choose not to act effectively enough to block them from appearing in our feeds. How do we know they have made the choice to not act effectively enough? Because they are still there.

I don't we'll know for sure.

They got me. Did work for them and they are now requesting USD 50 for a "company premium ID". Some have legitimate-looking websites like  **Edited for Community Guidelines** I am grateful for consulting this forum before giving it any consideration. It has confirmed my suspicions. You live, you learn. 

PradeepH

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the job feed. While we work hard to rid our workplace of all inappropriate jobs, we sometimes need to rely on your assistance to report anything suspicious.

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
0ea0e17f
Community Member

Yes I am interested.

f283ef86
Community Member

yes i can do your work

a3d96cae
Community Member

I'm a student and I want a simple typing job to make money

elisa_b
Community Member

You will hardly find a legitimate typing job here. There are lots of bad people who will try to scam and rob you. 

a3d96cae
Community Member

But I don't understand how to write here and as I'm a student of 12th grade could u plz help me to find real one.

I gave you the information you need. Please read my other post. You are not ready to look for jobs. If you don't educate yourself and follow Upwork's Terms of Service, you will be scammed.

If you don't understand how to write, you need to learn. All your profile says is "student."  Upwork is not the place to learn basic skills. If you don't have marketable skills, money and time, you won't be successful.

Your profile is an invitation to scammers. If you don't follow Upwork's  rules, you will lose money and never get it back.

I don't know if you are real or a bot, but read this post and learn the rules before you are scammed.

535da628
Community Member

Yeah, almost fell for one! luckily i typed in the name of the library it was trying to present itself as and the library stated that they do not seek out freelancers or use the website upwork 😅! lucky escape eh? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members