Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Only Feature

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Patricia A W Member Since: Sep 18, 2015
1 of 17

Does anyone on this forum know how to get out of U.S. only jobs?  I want to be able to apply for more than just jobs confined to U.S. contractors.  This feature limits the scope of jobs I can submit proposals for.  Thanks to the community for their suggestions.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 17

Hi Patricia, 

You should be able to remove the filter by clicking on the magnifying glass on your Find Work page, which should lead you to this page. On this page, please turn off the U.S. filter toggle, and save the search so that non-U.S. jobs also show up on your job feed. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 2.34.44 PM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Patricia A W Member Since: Sep 18, 2015
3 of 17

Hi Avery, thanks for the solution, which I followed, but once I turn off U.S. only search, the save button greys out, and I can't save.  Maybe putting my computer to bed tonight and coming back tomorrow will yield better results.

4 of 17

Hi Patricia, 

I think I may have missed it in my reply, but I wanted to check if you have typed-in any keyword in the search box, before clicking on the magnifying glass button? This should yield a search based on your keyword, and you should be able to save it then. 

-Avery
Untitled
Abhi J Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
5 of 17

For the last couple of days my Job Feed has started defaulting to showing U.S. Only jobs. If I go to:
https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/

I automatically get redirected to:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/domestic

To see all jobs, I have to manually click on the My Job Feed link to see all jobs. If I refresh the page to see new jobs, it again redirects me to the U.S. Only job feed.

This is very annoying for me. Is there a way for me to change the default back to seeing all jobs? I have tried signing out / clearing my cookies / using a different computer / browser, but I still see this behavior. 

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
6 of 17

Hi Abhi,

Sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. Avery posted some instructions below on how you can switch and turn off the U.S. only jobs. We use this feature as clients have told us that they sometimes need a freelancer located in the same country. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. That's why we are now testing the new Location Selection feature.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
7 of 17

I have the same problem as Patricia, where if I turn off U.S. only, I can't click save search, the button is grayed out.

I just want my default job feed to be for all jobs as it used to be up until 2 days ago. I'm not interested in having the U.S. only job feed be my default job feed. Could you please assist me with that? I don't think such major changes should be made for users without any notification or announcements and a way to revert back. 

8 of 17

Hi Abhi, 

I wanted to check if you tried searching for a keyword, before trying to turn-off the U.S. toggle? On your Find Work page, please type-in a search keyword on the search box. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 9.48.40 AM.png

On the next page, please turn-off the U.S. toggle, and click on Save Search button as indicated below.

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 9.48.15 AM.png

-Avery
Untitled
9 of 17

If I search for the keyword and then click save search, it just lets me save the search as an additional search query. It doesn't change my default job feed view which is still displaying U.S. Only jobs. 

Did you read the part I posted about that:

If I go to:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/

I automatically get redirected to:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/find-work/domestic

To see all jobs, I have to manually click on the My Job Feed link to see all jobs. If I refresh the page to see new jobs, it again redirects me to the U.S. Only job feed.

10 of 17

Sorry about that, Abhi. It looks like it's by design so that it's easier to locate the U.S. only jobs. I will go ahead and ask the team to confirm if this is the case and if there is any work around to it. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS