cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Only Feature

Ace Contributor
Patricia A W Member Since: Sep 18, 2015
11 of 17

Just wanted to give you a heads up about clicking on My Jobs, which does not bring up job postings.  What it does is take you to the Active Contracts page.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 17

Hi Patricia, 

I wanted to confirm that clicking the "My Jobs" link will bring you to your "Active Contracts" page. If you want to search for job postings in the marketplace, you can click on the "Find Work" page. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Lisa M Member Since: Apr 11, 2017
13 of 17

Hi Abhi,

I had the same issue and contacted Customer Service. Below is my question, followed by their reply:

Two days ago, my job feed started defaulting to US Only. Now every time I search for jobs, I have to continually select 'My Job Feed.' It's pretty annoying. Is it a glitch that needs to be fixed or what?

Thank you for contacting Upwork Support.
I totally understand. US Only is now the default if you are located in the US. These are jobs exclusive for the US talent. But if you want to check on other jobs, you can always click on My Jobs or filter it by categories or skills.

Hope that answers your questions. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks for using Upwork!

It seems like an effort to drive US freelancers toward US Only jobs and discourage them from seeing other jobs. I felt that having the US Only option was perfectly fine as is, because obviously I prefer to search all jobs and check US Only when I choose.

Abhi J Member Since: Jul 9, 2017
14 of 17

Lisa,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I understand the need for change, but I'm dissapointed that the Upwork team though that making such a big change without soliciting feedback and making an announcement or providing a way to revert the behavior, is an acceptable way to act.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 17

I'm sorry you feel that way, Abhi. I would like to confirm that this is by design as communicated by our team. I'll go ahead and share your feedback about this so that it can be considered. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Heaven H Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
BEST ANSWER
16 of 17

I just searched for this topic and found this thread. I also want to suggest allowing us to disable the U.S.-only jobs search. Having to click extra buttons makes job search tedious. We should have the power to decide which job search results feed is shown by default.

Ace Contributor
Patricia A W Member Since: Sep 18, 2015
17 of 17

Makes perfect sense to me and Upwork should be willing to enable disabling.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS