🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: U.S. Only Grayed Out
Page options
z_zanders
Community Member

U.S. Only Grayed Out

I want to be able to apply to U.S. only jobs. Before I put anything in the search, or apply any filters, the default is U.S. only jobs. However, when I apply filters/search, the U.S. only toggle grays out & I can’t switch it back at will. Then I end up with posts outside of the U.S.

For what I specialize in, the U.S. only option would be best—as I am an American citizen.

Help?
5 REPLIES 5
pudingstudio
Community Member

Zechariah Z wrote:
I want to be able to apply to U.S. only jobs. Before I put anything in the search, or apply any filters, the default is U.S. only jobs. However, when I apply filters/search, the U.S. only toggle grays out & I can’t switch it back at will. Then I end up with posts outside of the U.S.

For what I specialize in, the U.S. only option would be best—as I am an American citizen.

Help?

Sounds like you specialize in US citizenship.

Majority of jobs aren't specified as "US (or any other country) only".
We are working on a global platform, so that makes sense.

Either way, when I look for jobs, I have a field "Client Location" to type in. You can try that (type "United States" and save that search).

Where is that field? I don’t see it.

I used to be able to be specific to U.S. only, but not able anymore

Zechariah Z wrote:
Where is that field? I don’t see it.

I used to be able to be specific to U.S. only, but not able anymore

www.upwork.com/ab/jobs/search/

Click on "Filters" and you will get the "Client Location" field (among many other options).

Is it only on laptop/desktop? Not seeing it on mobile

Zechariah Z wrote:
Is it only on laptop/desktop? Not seeing it on mobile

Yes, I was sharing my experience based off of desktop device.
Don't know how it goes on your mobile device nor which version of the UpWork app you are using.

Someone who knows better than me will chime in, surely.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths