Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. location only jobs

leeannmerrill
Community Leader
Lee Ann M Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
1 of 7

Is there a way to search for U.S. location only jobs?

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
2 of 7

Client by location.png

"Certa bonum certamen"
noltepatty
Ace Contributor
Patty N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
3 of 7

Even when USA is designated there are a lot of jobs working for foreign clients.  

Took me a while to learn the UTC hours are not typically located in the US.  Or if a post was posted more than 8 hours from US time zones, it is not US.

Clients can lie they are in the US but the only option of checking not in my perferred location doesn't alert free lancers it is not a USA client.

leeannmerrill
Community Leader
Lee Ann M Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
4 of 7

Thanks!  I was actually referring to the notice Upwork issued a few weeks ago saying clients could now tick a box if they wanted freelancer located in the U.S. only and then Upwork would conduct some kind of process to ascertain that any applicants actually were located in the U.S. (perhaps by looking at the IP address?).  It was further stated you would only get this check once then be good after that into the future.  

So this would be like a special qualification they would require, and I was wondering if there was a way to search for those jobs.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Lee Ann,

You can select this option in Filters, please see the screenshot below.

Filter.png

Untitled
polancomedia
Adam P Member Since: Jul 18, 2017
6 of 7

I am a US based provider, but I don't see the Job Requirements section in my search filters.  Any ideas?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Adam,

It looks like you are an exclusive agency member and for this initial test of the location selection feature, agencies are excluded.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS