🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » U.S only jobs
Page options
anneostrom
Community Member

U.S only jobs

Hi,

I am from Canada. I've noticed something interesting in my job feed and searches. I am getting very few u.s. jobs. Is that due to the new U.S. only option that clients have? 

Are the U.S. only jobs actually being diverted from my job feed?

Question #2:

I have heard that Non-U.S. freelancers are no longer able to a U.S. only job. (whereas, I used to be able to submit a proposal regardless.) Is that the case?

Thank you

Anne

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Anne O wrote:

Hi,

I am from Canada. I've noticed something interesting in my job feed and searches. I am getting very few u.s. jobs. Is that due to the new U.S. only option that clients have? 

Are the U.S. only jobs actually being diverted from my job feed?

Question #2:

I have heard that Non-U.S. freelancers are no longer able to a U.S. only job. (whereas, I used to be able to submit a proposal regardless.) Is that the case?

Thank you

Anne

I think the US only option has been here for many years, and you will not see these jobs in your feed if your location is outside the US, as it's not a preference, but a prerequisite. 

Anne, I think you may be confusing two different things. "US only" jobs have never been available to freelancers outside the US, and won't even be visible in your job feed. However it's also possible for clients to include a geographic preference in their job posts. Freelancers who don't meet that preference can still apply for the job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members