🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UK LTD company set up
Page options
digitaljacker
Community Member

UK LTD company set up

Hi all, I have a limited company set up in the UK that I accept client payments from for my clients outside of Upwork. Would it be possible that I set my Upwork payment details to pay out to my LTD company? Not sure how this would work as I'm a freelancer on Upwork, but it's benig paid to my LTD company as income from a freelancer? Has anyone experienced this before and will it work?

Thanks

Jack

9 REPLIES 9
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jack,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Same here, do I have to open an agency profile to trade as UK Ltd company? Also there is no field to add company registration number on the invoices

Hi Viktor,

I can see that you already created an agency. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
oguzbir
Community Member

I also have the same question to ask. 
I'm very new to Upwork as a freelancer yet to get new jobs over upwork.
But I also have UK based Ltd. company where I invoice the clients outside upwork. 
I'd like to get Upwork payments to my business bank account and would be nice to solve the way to workout the income, UK Tax, expenses all diverted to my business acount. 
Should I setup an agency account or would it be OK to just write my Company name to the tax information. 

How can I get more information on this?
Many thanks.

Hi Oguz,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
593e6129
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

It would be great to have some guidance on this to, there was a notification to fill in a new w8 form though would rather discuss in a support ticket if possible.

Many thanks,

Hi George, I understand you'd like to reach out to support regarding this. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

Here’s how you can reach a human in customer support:

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of this or any Help center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Ultimately, please keep in mind that Upwork is not allowed to give any tax advice and so it would be best that you also consult a local tax advisor who can counsel you on your specific tax responsibilities.

~Andrea
Upwork
e8dde02a
Community Member

I have a UK limited company and I would like all payments for work I carry out on Upwork to be paid directly to my company account. How can I set this up on Upwork?

Many thanks

Hi Michael,

You can add the payment method in your Settings > Get Paid. You will likely receive a notification that the name does not match, that's okay. Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch and they will reach out to you in order to resolve it. You can learn more about how to confirm you're authorized by the business to use the account here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members