🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: UK sort code not found
Page options
8d5c5032
Community Member

Unable to add local bank account

Hi,

I am a freelancer from Canada. I can't enter my local bank information to get paid. When I try to enter the institution number and transit number, it didn't gave me the option to go to next page. I checked my bank information for many times, and I am pretty sure everything is right! Please help me to set-up my payment detail. 

Thanks,

Ruiyu

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gulnihal,

We’ve designed the process of Adding a Direct to Local Bank payment method to be as straightforward as possible. To add your bank account: 

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Add Method
  3. Click the Set Up button for your chosen method
  4. Enter your bank account details, including bank codes
  5. Choose a payment schedule and click Next

Important things to know:

• For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days.
  • Check that the name on your bank account matches your verified name on Upwork. If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method.
  • You should also contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information, or if you received an error when you tried to enter it into our system.
  • Upwork charges $0.99 per Direct to Local Bank withdrawal. Any additional restrictions, timing regulations, and fees vary depending on your bank.
  • Be sure that you enter your bank information, including bank codes, correctly. We want you to get your money on schedule and any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. If you've exceeded the character limit on the Name on Account field, please contact your bank to get an appropriate abbreviation.
    • Since some banks aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case, you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the bank code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

637 REPLIES 637

Hi,

I am having the same issue, Starling bank sort code not available, May someone help please?

Hi Vanessa,

Please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the sort code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Please open a ticket to add a new bank sort code in your database.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jyotsna,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m trying to add payment details to set up direct payments to my local bank (UK), and even though I type the correct sort code, it doesn’t recognise it. When I try to type it manually it still does not allow me to.

Hi Zara,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I'm trying to add a payment method using my UK bank account (Barclays) but whenever I enter my sort code it says the bank isn't found. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Jawad,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,
I am trying to add my bank account details to my profile yet when I enter my sort code i get a message saying my branch cannot be found.

Tried with 2 different uk banks and neither have worked.

Hi Andrew,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I'm having the same issue. I'm entering the correct sort code of my bank (Nationwide) but it is saying "bank not found". Can you please help?

Nouman
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nouman,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with setting up your payment method. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am trying to change the bank details to which my payments go via local bank transfer (UK). My sort code is not recognised and I am unable to input the address manually as the progress button is greyed out. Bank is Revolut but have had same issue with Monzo details.

Hi Kevin,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further with this. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, same issue here, sort code not found for Monzo, any help?

Hi Santiago,

~ Joanne
Upwork
8e0254f2
Community Member

Same issue here with a monzo account not being recognised.

Hi Ayla,

Just to confirm, did you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your payment method? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Just rechecked and it's still not recognised unfortunately!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Ayla,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran V,

I am facing same issue with my Monzo bank account not being recognised. Can you help?

Hi

I have the same problem that my bank sort code is not recognized in Upwork. What can I do?

Hi Leonardo,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My Monzo sort code is not recognised - please can I have help adding it

Hi Robert,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes. Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, you have the option to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the bank not found a section of your bank information tab. Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

The sort code is correct. The number of characters to input the address is too short. So it cuts of the postcode when I try to enter manually

Hi Robert,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you with this concern

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello there

I too am having this issue, please could you raise a ticket for me. UK bank sort code showing "Branch no found".

Many thanks

Hi Nick,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket as well to assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mrspacey
Community Member

Upwork does not recognised My UK sort code as well banking with Barclays. Tried everything says in here
Please help

Hi Kristine,

Could you please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the sort codes? Additionally, please contact your bank and confirm if you have the correct sort code. If the bank confirms that you have the correct code, could you please try again to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the "Bank not found" section of your bank information tab?

~ Nikola
Upwork
mrspacey
Community Member

Hi Nicola

Spoke with them my sort code is correct

Please advise

Hi Kristine,

Could you please confirm if you tried to enter the branch address manually by clicking the green link ''enter branch address manually'' under the "Bank not found" section of your bank information tab?

~ Nikola
Upwork
mrspacey
Community Member

Hi

Yes I have tried the address but i cant move on cos the next/submit is grayed out

Thanks

Hi Kristine, 

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

SAME ISSUE , BANK NOT FOUND, SORT CODE ISSUE

Hi Noor,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, each time i enter my Barclays bank sort code, it says not correct. what must i do please?

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue as this. UpWork does not recognise sort codes which prevents me from setting up the Get Paid feature. Could someone help me out?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths