🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: UK only
Page options
chris2802
Community Member

UK only

Hi - I recently registered as a freelancer but my account says I am 'UK only'. I want my profile to reach globally. Any ideas how I do this?

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Chris H wrote:

Hi - I recently registered as a freelancer but my account says I am 'UK only'. I want my profile to reach globally.

Especially when you don't actually live in the UK...

The first thing you need to do is change your location to where you actually are. That will also immediately resolve the "UK only" thing.

Thanks. Have search everywhere for the location setting but can't find it! C

Chris H wrote:

Thanks. Have search everywhere for the location setting but can't find it! C

I'll flag your post to see if a moderator can help and get your location set to Spain 🙂

Hi Chris,

I see you were able to get the location updated on your account and it appears the issue is now sorted. If you have any further questions, please let us know here or via a ticket you have open with our Customer Support.

~ Valeria
Upwork
eshipley1234
Community Member

I'm in the UK but am a dual national and able to work in the US as well.  How can I get this sorted?  Can't seem to find anything that lets me search globally....

Thanks

Hi Ellen,

Just to clarify, are you referring to searching for jobs that are UK or US only? If that's the case, note that this is a location preference set by the client, which means that they likely prefer for you to be actually located in the US or the UK to be considered for their project. Since you're currently confirmed to be in the UK, you will be able to search for jobs that have that location preference and the clients will be able to see that you meet that criteria. 

Also, I can see that you recently signed up. You may want to check out this thread Getting Started on Upwork as well as our Resource Center; where you’ll find some excellent articles and learn more about Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e1f6c852
Community Member

Hi,

I hope you are well.

I want to get jobs worldwide but my profile is saying only UK? how can I change that?

Daria

Hi Daria,

I would like to clarify that you can apply for those jobs right after you verify your location. If you want to access the jobs available for users outside the UK, you can click on the Best matches or most recent option.

You can improve your job feed once you start saving job searches as well. Please check these articles for more information:

Thank you, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths