louise81

UK time changed - Upwork manual time hasn't

The clocks went forward here on Sunday, but the Upwork manual clock doesn't refelct this. It says the time now cannot be entered as it is future time! When will it be updated?

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r

@Louise R wrote:

The clocks went forward here on Sunday, but the Upwork manual clock doesn't refelct this. It says the time now cannot be entered as it is future time! When will it be updated?

Just enter the time one hour earlier, the work diary works from UTC anyway. 

Yes, Petra I have been doing that, but that gets confusing for clients whose tasks are set for certain times of the day. I.e. they would want to know why a 10 am task was logged at 9am if that makes sense!

Thanks though, will try and change my settings in the work diary now.

If both you and the client set their time to UTC you see the same time. Clients don't see the time you enter, they see it according to the preference they set as to how to view it.

g_vasilevski

Hi Louise

Adding to Petra's reply, you can also set the Work Diary to reflect your time zone and add manual time according to your local time, to avoid any confusion with the time difference between your local time and UTC.

~ Goran
Upwork

@Goran V wrote:

Hi Louise

Adding to Petra's reply, you can also set the Work Diary to reflect your time zone and add manual time according to your local time, to avoid any confusion with the time difference between your local time and UTC.

Well, no, that is exactly her point, Goran. She says that the UK time setting has not updated to summer time yet. So when she tries to add 3pm to 4pm in U.K. Time it actually adds it to 4pm to 5pm because the Setting thinks it's still winter time.

Or at least that's how I understand it.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Petra,

I checked Louise's Work Diary and mine, and it appears the time had been updated as expected. 

Louise, could you please confirm that you can add manual time in line with your local time when setting the Work Diary to your local time zone?

Untitled

Yeah, mine is fine as well, I could only go by what Louise said 🙂