🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UNAUTHORISED AUTOMATICAL GET PAID TRANSACTION...
Page options
c-mar
Community Member

UNAUTHORISED AUTOMATICAL GET PAID TRANSACTION TO THE WRONG ACCOUNT

Hello,

Hello,
 Today I received an e-mail saying that I am going to receive the amount in my account on my Upwork. I did not authorise such transaction. Plus, I do not have access to my local preferred bank account anymore, in case the money reaches there, I will not be able to take it. Please help.
I am not active on Upwork very often. Right now I just erased my local bank account details and left the one that I currently use.
I emailed the security team of upwork hope the transaction can be cancelled. I do not want to lose my earnings. Urgent help is needed!

Thank you!
Maral Tavra
4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maral,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Unfortunately we can't cancel or reverse a withdrawal. I would recommend checking with your bank about your account and the funds. 

Please keep in mind that we can't keep your funds on Upwork for more than 180 days. If they are more than 180 days they will be automatically pushed to your primary payment method. 
Automatic withdrawals can happen based on your automated withdrawal schedule as well. You can edit your schedule by going to Settings > Get Paid. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have read some cases that, it was possible to cancel the transaction but it took several days to receive the money back on Upwork account.
Wouldn’t that be possible really?
It’s terrible news... 😕
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maral,

Since private details are involved, our team will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Maral T wrote:
I have read some cases that, it was possible to cancel the transaction but it took several days to receive the money back on Upwork account.

If the money can NOT be deposited onto the account it was sent to, then it WILL bounce back and return to your Upwork account automatically, but that can take a week or two or more in rare cases.

If the account exists and can receive the funds, the money will not bounce back and you have to sort it out with the bank.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths