cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNPAUSED CONTRACT AFTER BEING AWARDED

marthao
Martha O Member Since: Nov 9, 2017
1 of 5

When a contarct has been paused pending issues such as permits or deposits of law refundable and on each of things the client brings them up bit by bit on condition of unpausing what chances does a freelancer have. I have already paid for a permit and very doubtful about the refundable as it is being said to be refunded in 30 minutes after paying  the government by the client.

Are there such things in Bosnia

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

If you paid for a “work permit” for Bosnia or some such nonsense, after being interviewed on Facebook.... it is a well known scam, there IS no such thing as that permit, there is no job, and your money is gone.

raposo13
Jaime R Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
3 of 5

Hi Martha, 

If you’re talking about a “work fee” to Bosnia it’s a scam. There’s no such thing is Bosnia, and I believe nowhere else in the world (pay a government to work? Makes no sense at all..).  There were already warnings about that Bosnia scam in this forum. 

You should never pay any fee to a client to get work, thats against Upworks Terms of Service, and its basically a fraud. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Martha,

I'm sorry about the request you received. Please stop communicating with this client and note that asking for a fee in order to start working is a ToS violation. To work safely on Upwork, please follow Upwork ToS and you'll be able to avoid almost all scam schemes. Please review these safety tips and freelancer resources, and feel free to follow up if you have any questions or concerns.

Untitled
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 5
Bosnia scammers:1
Martha: 0

Better learn the Internet my friend. Tons of these scams on upwork. It's seller and buyer beware.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS