cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPWORK IS NOW FRUSTRATING

siydmzito

Dear Upwork, I have noticed that over the years it is getting harder and harder to get any work here especially the last 2 years. Ever since you re-branded and reduced the number of connects, it is really hard to get any decent work here, which is really frustrating.
Additionally, you cheated us when it comes to connects knowing quite well that there is no job that requires 1 connect to apply. This is therefore a very unfair playing ground because a freelancer from Africa would require twice the number of connects(minimum 100) every month just to survive.
My question:- "are you guys attempting to sabotage the efforts of freelancers who are based out of Europe and the United States?"
Kindly address this issue and have the CEO look on it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amurigi
Ace Contributor

Hi Sidney,

I do not think this has to do with connects, but more to do with the possibility that very few freelancers based out of Europe and the US are getting hired on Upwork. I am also quite frustrated with this platform. When Upwork was oDesk, I had no problems getting contracts, but since it became Upwork, I hardly get any contracts. I have good ratings, great client feedback and yet I am still struggling to land a job. I never apply for low paying jobs, as that is such a waste of time, but I also do not charge very high rates. I also noticed that many of the clients are hardly hiring. I have applied for so many jobs and everytime I go back to see the progress, I find that the client is not even intervewing anyone and it has been over three weeks or more. I am a writer and I am not sure if freelancers in other categories are experiencing the same thing, but Upwork needs to take a keen look at clients. We cannot keep applying for jobs when clients are not even bothering to hire. 

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS