🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: UPWORK NEED TO DO PROTECT OUR WORK FOR CL...
Page options
dacash11
Community Member

UPWORK NEED TO DO PROTECT OUR WORK FOR CLIETN AND THE PLATFORM ITSLEF

This is just not going right: as UpWork best practises suggested we should end the contract as soon as the the job is completed, the milestone or project payed and the client is happy with the work. A lot has been done since the start but we need a little more protection here for those client who keep forgetting to leave feedbacks.

We need to stand up for the workers community so that improvements can be done and must be done.

Just in one day I have compelted two jobs and none of the clients has given me a feedback even tough projects were perfect, there was good relationship and polite manner.

THE THING HERE IS VERY SIMPLE: SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND HOW INTERNET, ONLINE AND FEEDBACK WORKS. THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IS TO LEAVE A TRACK OF GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH A GOOD FEEDBACK...

@UPWORKK YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

I suggest that once the job is completed, money has been payed and the client just disapperad, the outcome of the feedback must be authomatic and in order to estabilish a "value" should take count of history of the freelancer (eg last 5 projects feedbacks)

Please. We can change this path for the better   

30 REPLIES 30
petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

This is just not going right: as UpWork best practises suggested we should end the contract as soon as the the job is completed, the milestone or project payed and the client is happy with the work.

Nobody is encouraging freelancers to close the contract as soon as the work is done, in fact, that is a really bad idea! 

Simply encourage your clients to close the contract, then you automatically get feedback.

Ciro F wrote:

we need a little more protection here for those client who keep forgetting to leave feedbacks.

They can't forget to do so if the close the contract. Clients who forget to leave feedback do no harm anyway.

Ciro F wrote:

I suggest that once the job is completed, money has been payed and the client just disapperad, the outcome of the feedback must be authomatic and in order to estabilish a "value" should take count of history of the freelancer (eg last 5 projects feedbacks)   

Dreadful and grossly unfair idea.

What in the world is the problem? Contracts without feedback don't do any harm and you are causing your own problem by rushing into closing contracts yourself. Stop doing that, problem solved.

dacash11
Community Member

Dear Petra,

as usual your comment is polemic, subjective, and moreover your comment does not stimulate conversation between freelancer.

I would really appreciate if you can focus your attention to other topics.

Thank you 

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

as usual your comment is polemic, subjective, 

You forgot "factual".

moonraker
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

THE THING HERE IS VERY SIMPLE: SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND HOW INTERNET, ONLINE AND FEEDBACK WORKS.

Evidently so...

dacash11
Community Member

Share your experience with poor Clients and suggest how to improve the service. Smiley Wink

Spoiler
Spoiler

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

This is just not going right: as UpWork best practises suggested we should end the contract as soon as the the job is completed, the milestone or project payed and the client is happy with the work. A lot has been done since the start but we need a little more protection here for those client who keep forgetting to leave feedbacks.

We need to stand up for the workers community so that improvements can be done and must be done.

Just in one day I have compelted two jobs and none of the clients has given me a feedback even tough projects were perfect, there was good relationship and polite manner.

THE THING HERE IS VERY SIMPLE: SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND HOW INTERNET, ONLINE AND FEEDBACK WORKS. THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT IS TO LEAVE A TRACK OF GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH A GOOD FEEDBACK...

@UPWORKK YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

Please. We can change this path for the better   

You misunderstood. Upwork has always encouraged freelancers to let client end contracts. 

Hi Martina.

Once I ned the contract the cleint can still leave the feedback.

Btw...I have received this answer from Cutomer Service Chat...so who is wrong here?

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

Hi Martina.

Sure, the cleint "can" still leave feedback, but if you encourage the client to end the contract, the client "will" leave feedback. So doing it that way increases your chances of getting feedback and you don't even have to mention feedback, because it is automatic.

Lack of feedback does no harm, so there is no problem with occasional contracts that close without feedback.

dacash11
Community Member

Petra, closed contract without feedback does not ahrm but at the same time don t increase the JSS score.

I have 85 % and i really need those feedback to increase my score and reach again the Plus memeber badge... I hade 100 % and I went back to 85% beacuse of jobs without feedback.

Again, you dont have to write something just for your egoistic Customer Guru thing...please.

Your comment is totally out of scope for this topic. thanks. have a nice day.

Ciro F wrote:

Petra, closed contract without feedback does not ahrm but at the same time don t increase the JSS score.

I have 85 % and i really need those feedback to increase my score and reach again the Plus memeber badge... I hade 100 % and I went back to 85% beacuse of jobs without feedback.

Again, you dont have to write something just for your egoistic Customer Guru thing...please.

Your comment is totally out of scope for this topic. thanks. have a nice day.

Not so. Contracts without feedback have absolutely no impact on JSS, only bad private feedback or contracts without any money paid have. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

Then get feedback by letting the clients close the contract.

Ciro F wrote:

I hade 100 % and I went back to 85% beacuse of jobs without feedback.

No, your JSS went down because of poor private feedback. not because of jobs without feedback which do not affect the JSS at all.

Martina P wrote: or contracts without any money paid have. 

They don't anymore either, unless they came with poor (private) feedback

Ciro F wrote:

again the Plus memeber badge... I hade 100 % and I went back to 85% beacuse of jobs without feedback.

No, it did not. Because it does not work that way. Jobs without feedback do not cause your JSS to drop. 

You can't blame your JSS on missing out on feedback from some clients. It is where it is due to the feedback you HAVE received from clients. And there's no guarantee that you will get positive feedback from a client even if you do think it went well. Some will avoid leaving feedback because they prefer to leave no feedback than negative feedback. Be careful what you wish for. 

Besides, as you have already been reminded, you can ask the client to close it first. If they do, then they MUST leave feedback for you. Good or bad. 

It is not true, mainly because my score imcreased just after I have reopened a feedback from december  2020 and my score jumped up again... I guess we need more clarity for the JSS--

Jamie F wrote:

Ciro F wrote:

again the Plus memeber badge... I hade 100 % and I went back to 85% beacuse of jobs without feedback.

No, it did not. Because it does not work that way. Jobs without feedback do not cause your JSS to drop. 

You can't blame your JSS on missing out on feedback from some clients. It is where it is due to the feedback you HAVE received from clients. And there's no guarantee that you will get positive feedback from a client even if you do think it went well. Some will avoid leaving feedback because they prefer to leave no feedback than negative feedback. Be careful what you wish for. 

Besides, as you have already been reminded, you can ask the client to close it first. If they do, then they MUST leave feedback for you. Good or bad. 

for one of my client  

Ciro F wrote:

It is not true, mainly because my score imcreased just after I have reopened a feedback from december  2020 and my score jumped up again... I guess we need more clarity for the JSS

It HAS TO BE true, Ciro. 

What do you mean 'reopened a feedback? That you hassled the client for feedback? If they did then leave you positive feedback then OF COURSE it will be good for your JSS. But that does not mean no feedback causes your JSS to go down. It makes no change. 

And if you do go hassling old clients about feedback, don't be surprised if it backfires on you one day. 

I have contacted customer service cause after 14 days of closed contract a client cannot leave a feedback without customer service operation.

Dont jump to other conversations, there is no correlation betwwen hassling and not giving...

Clients dont leave feedback because they forget, not on purposes.

check my profile and see my feebacks...

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

I have contacted customer service cause after 14 days of closed contract a client cannot leave a feedback without customer service operation.

This, too, is wrong.

You can simply click on "Enable client to change feedback" on the contract and the client CAN leave feedback after the 14 days are over.

Of course, such a fuss could also be avoided entirely by letting the client close the contract, rather than doing so yourself.

Ciro F wrote:

Imagine that you have 10 projects running for 2021 and nono of your  clients will leave a single feedback to you..

what is going to happen after 16 weeks? Please answer sincerly...

Absolutely nothing. What do you expect to happen?

Of course that wouldn't happen, because I encourage clients to lose the contract when the work is done.

dacash11
Community Member

I expect my JSS to decrease.... Am I right? If i dont receive feedbacks for 16 weeks but I still complete all projects what is goign to happen?

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

I expect my JSS to decrease.... Am I right? If i dont receive feedbacks for 16 weeks but I still complete all projects what is goign to happen?

As I said... absolutely nothing. What do you expect would happen? Why would the JSS decrease? Based on what? It "could" even go up if poor outcomes fall out of your calculation window. If you have recent poor outcomes, then yes, good outcomes falling out of the calculation window could make your JSS go down by increasing the weight of the poor outcomes, but the opposite is true, too, none of it has anything to do with 16 weeks and you can avoid not getting feedback from happy (!!) clents by encouraging them to close the contract and not doing it yourself.

dacash11
Community Member

answer this imsple question;

If I complete projects but I wont receive any feedback anymore what will be my jss score? 

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

answer this imsple question;

If I complete projects but I wont receive any feedback anymore what will be my jss score? 

As I explained above, it depends on what happens in your calculation window. If you don't add any feedback to your calculation window, if bad outcomes fall out of your calculation window, your JSS goes up because the good outcomes weigh more. If you don't add anything to your canculation window and good outcome fall out the window, the JSS goes down. Eventually, the JSS goes away after 2 years without any outcomes that can be used to calculate it.

But there is no need to think about that because it is oh so easy to avoid by simply encouraging the clients to end the contract so you are guaranteed feedback.

dacash11
Community Member

Ok I was right...

If no good feedback comes, although all projects has been completed, the Jss score gos down...

So client must be forced to leave a feedback. Up work should do something about it it is a slow and long process but guess what, it will happen at certain point...

Ps. I am working with a client who is threatening me to give me bad feedback if I don't work for free although he has already made the payment... The world is various and vicius
petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:
Ok I was right...

You weren't.

Ciro F wrote:
If no good feedback comes, although all projects has been completed, the Jss score gos down...

Plaese read it again, maybe more slowly this time? I have explained that it can go up, down, or stay the same. And at any rate, there is no need to have "no more good feedback" because in future you will surey encourage your clients to close the contract, rather than doing it yourself.

Ciro F wrote:
So client must be forced to leave a feedback. Up work should do something about it

Clients can't be "forced" to leave feedback if freelancers close contracts any more than freelancers can be forced to leave feedback if the client closes the contract. The party who closes the contract is forced to leave feedback which is why you need to learn to encourage clients to close the contract rather than doing it yourself... 

Ciro F wrote:
Up work should do something about it.

They won't because it isn't an issue.

Ciro F wrote:
but guess what, it will happen at certain point...

It won't.

Ciro F wrote:
Ps. I am working with a client who is threatening me to give me bad feedback if I don't work for free although he has already made the payment...

Report the client for feedback manipulation with proof.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the clinet, Ciro.

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content.

If the client is closing a contract, they are prompted to provide feedback on it. If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. If they don't leave feedback, contract will not affect the freelancer's JSS negatively.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Ciro,

I would like to clarify that after the first initial 14 days you can enable your client to change their feedback from your end.
To learn more about this check out this Help Article and if something is still confusing, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran, but the topic hasnt nothing to do with open or closing a contract...

It is a duscussion about Client, Feedback and JSS score.

Some of the "GURU" are addressing the voncersation somewhere else

petra_r
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

It is not true, 

Yes. It is true.

Ciro F wrote:

my score imcreased just after I have reopened a feedback from december  2020 and my score jumped up again...

The JSS goes up when positive feedback is received and when negative outcomes fall out of your calculation window. "No Feedback" contracts do not, in any way, have a negative effect on your JSS.

dacash11
Community Member

If a client forget, is not educated or forced by UpWork to leave a feedback it affects!!.

What is going to happen if no clients leave a feedback for more then 16 weeks??

Could you please answer Petra...?

Imagine that you have 10 projects running for 2021 and nono of your  clients will leave a single feedback to you..

what is going to happen after 16 weeks? Please answer sincerly...

Ciro F wrote:

Hi Martina.

Btw...I have received this answer from Cutomer Service Chat...so who is wrong here?

The thing is, a freelancer has a much higher interest in feedback than a client, simply because this is a buyer's market by a long shot. There are no clients complaining about their rating in the forum, just freelancers. Why? Because they mostly don't care. Again, buyer's market. 

So in short, you can end the contract yourself, if you like, and hope for a response, but it's not the wise thing to do, because, human psychology.  

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from using strong language and ad hominem-geared arguments when posting in the Community. Please respect each others experience and approach to using Upwork. Feel free to share your opinion on any topic discussed in the Community as long as it's in a welcoming and appropriate tone.Thank you.

PS:

Wendy started a great thread in the Coffee Break forum that I feel everyone might find fulfilling.   

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths