🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UPWORK TIME TRACKER DONESN'T LET ME WORK SERI...
Page options
arquitectura
Community Member

UPWORK TIME TRACKER DONESN'T LET ME WORK SERIOUSLY

Hi everybody.

This is a very bad news for all the freelancers that use Time Tracked system, it seems it was "designed" in a way that doesn't let freelancers track time in more than one project at a time. What means this? I'll explain it:

I have a client that needs assistance in more than one project since are projects for different clients, he contract me and starts two projects with me. Great! I cna't work on two projects at a time, as nobady can alone, so I have a collaborator in house that can help me do the work and receive a payment for that. We are talking here that we are a team of 2. That is my office 2 people working together as professionals.

Well Upwork doesn't let us to work in that way! 

Solution for this? 

Talk to my client to use a time track out of Upwork or ask hime to use one contract to charge the other, ( this is a crazy solution for him...) that means that is one project was rated by 5/hr and the other is 7/hr he should pay 12/hr for one contract. Will you do that if you were a serious client?

Hope this can be fixed soon since it is best way to generate abuse and mess for all those who want to work easily and in a risponsable way.

Best

Guillermo

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Guillermo F wrote:

I have a client that needs assistance in more than one project since are projects for different clients, he contract me and starts two projects with me. Great! I cna't work on two projects at a time, as nobady can alone, so I have a collaborator in house that can help me do the work and receive a payment for that. We are talking here that we are a team of 2.

You are not allowed to let anyone, ever, track time on your contracts. It is enough to get you suspended and banned. NEVER do that.

Two people must not use one Upwork account. Your "other person" must create their own account, and your client must hire that other person on their own contract.

Hi Petra

That way to work it is a bit strange...do you know that new subscriptions are not easy at all?

Also, if you were a client that solution were not according with a paltform on line to hire people for working and getting something organized, imagine that you as client has a lot of projects from different clients and even contracting more than one agency were needing more than one worker (computer) to do the job...but the only way to track time is making 10 contracts with 10 different freelancers...crazy.

Guillermo F wrote:

Hi Petra

That way to work it is a bit strange...do you know that new subscriptions are not easy at all?

Also, if you were a client that solution were not according with a paltform on line to hire people for working and getting something organized, imagine that you as client has a lot of projects from different clients and even contracting more than one agency were needing more than one worker (computer) to do the job...but the only way to track time is making 10 contracts with 10 different freelancers...crazy.

Them's the rules, though. Rules you've accepted by accepting the TOS.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Guillermo,

The Upwork Desktop App is designed to only track time for one contract at a time and there are no plans to change that. If the freelancer is billing a client for time worked on one contract, they shouldn't also be spending that time working on something else. 

Please, also note that only the freelancer hired on the hourly contract is allowed to work and track time on it. Sharing login information and having another person work and log time would be a violation of TOS.

If you'd like to work with as a team of freelancers of two or more people, you may want to look into creating an agency. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria

I am afraid that is not a solution...they said to me today that nobody can track on more than one computer at the same time...neither agencies. Ther is no subscritpion available to do that.

Guillermo F wrote:

Hi Valeria

I am afraid that is not a solution...they said to me today that nobody can track on more than one computer at the same time...neither agencies. Ther is no subscritpion available to do that.

Yes they can. With their OWN profiles and their OWN contracts under the agency.

If you want to continue using Upwork at all, you must never let anyone other than you yourself log into your tracker ever again. You will be suspended when you get caught.

I am not joking.

Guillermo F wrote:

Hi Valeria

No, you can open an agency and have your second person as a member of the agency. So both of you can work on different tasks.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members