🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: UPWORK WITHDRAWAL TO LOCAL BANK NOT PROCE...
Page options
aiveepelagio
Community Member

UPWORK WITHDRAWAL TO LOCAL BANK NOT PROCESSED ON THE SAME DAY

I made the request Dec 23rd, 3AM UTC, way before the 12PM cut off. Until now it is still not processed by Upwork. Anyone else experienced the same???
10 REPLIES 10
yuichi_s
Community Member

I have same problem.
I made withdrawal on 18-Dec and had returned cause of invalid account name.
But I asked the local bank. They didn’t recognize such a kind of error,

I re-enabled the bank account in Get paid section and re-tried withdrawal on 23-Dec and not received yet.

Usually, If process has made successfully, message is delivered to freelancer with such below sentence.

>>>
Funds will be delivered by Transfast.

further, expected date of delivery is indicated in its message,

But this 2 withdrawals have no description like that.

It’s serious, critical trouble .

I am asking about this issue to customer support, but nothing improved yet.

This is frustrating as I couldn't get any clear answer from Customer Service. They just repeat whatever info is available but couldn't tell why my payment was not processed the same day. I hope someone from Upwork answers.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuichi, 

I can confirm that your transaction is successful on our end. Please refer to the post I have noted regarding Direct to Local Bank timings, and fees, and U.S. Holidays for more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aivee, 

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction is being processed on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions is processed within four business days. U.S. Holidays may affect this transaction, as well as local holidays in your location. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

When request is made before cut off, it should be processed same day right? That is what it says on the website. I don't expect it to appear on my bank account right away as I am aware of the 4-business day timeframe for it to appear on my bank. I am just worried why my payment was not processed when I requested for it before the 12PM cutoff.

My God!!! They have the same repeatitive replies! NO CLEAR ANSWER! Mine is going to be 8 days still got NO update on my payment!

I'm a bit concerned now. This is our earnings we're talking about here. Generic answers are not acceptable. I know how to read and search for answers. But my concern is account-specific so I don't need the answers that I can search myself on the website.

Avery, the link you just gave on your reply even states the 12PM cutoff for same day processing.

Hi Dave, 

I checked your transaction which was processed on 18-December. I would like to note that the 8th business day for your transaction falls on 31-December, as holidays, and weekends are not included in the count. I also checked your account and do not see any ticket that was filed from your account.

Just the same, I apologize if this has inconvenienced you in any way. The Community is a public Community and we will share specific answers here if it is in compliance with our privacy policy.

~ Avery
Upwork

I did withdraw my payment to local bank. But I didn't received a second email that "your payment has been processed' till now? I'm getting worried about that.

Hi Ahmed,

Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Direct to Local Bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members