🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » UPWORK Wire transfer
Page options
joseph_alex
Community Member

UPWORK Wire transfer

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alex, 

I would like to confirm that the payment was successful on our end, but as confirmed by our Payment Team, we are yet to receive feedback from your bank. While this experience was not satisfactory, the Payment and Customer Support Teams have continuously updated you through your support ticket. And our team will be here to assist you further, or to follow up your ticket, if in case you don't hear back soon about your withdrawal. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
cartrellgeneral
Community Member

Alex,

You have made thousands of dollars on this platform and now there is an issue, you want to call the entire platform a fraud. There could be issues with the financial institutions involved so don't go accusing the entire Upwork platform for an isolated incident.

Thank you from your prompt reply but from my point of view it is fraud. Upwork is not a free platform and now I'm basically getting charged for a service that I'm not getting. So far all Upwork as done is shift the blame onto the bank(s) and asked me to wait. They have failed to provided any valid explaination and/or resolution or even a timeframe for a resolution (It's already been 5 weeks BTW). If it is that easy for money to dissappear and that hard to get answers then there's definitely something wrong here. I doubt it will take long before other freelancers start experiencing the same issue. Until evidence of the contrary this is definitely fraud.

Hi Alex, 

I would like to confirm that the payment was successful on our end, but as confirmed by our Payment Team, we are yet to receive feedback from your bank. While this experience was not satisfactory, the Payment and Customer Support Teams have continuously updated you through your support ticket. And our team will be here to assist you further, or to follow up your ticket, if in case you don't hear back soon about your withdrawal. 

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

I understand how it can be very frustrating if you do not receive the earnings that you have worked for, and I'm sorry that this has been such an inconvenience for you. I can see that you have also reached out through our social media pages, and the Customer Support Team and Payment Teams have been assisting you through your open support ticket.

Please understand that when our team issue's a trace, we can only wait for an update from our banking partners, and your bank. Once we have enough information to go by, the team will continue assisting you through your support ticket.

I would highly recommend that you continue communicating with the team through your open support ticket as they are more equipped to assist you in this case. If you need further assistance, you can come back here, and our team will try our best to assist you.

~ Avery
Upwork
hermanng
Community Member

5 weeks is way too long, I've been dealing with internationnal Bank transfers my whole life and any problem should be resolved within a week, unless the receiving Bank is in Nigeria

Thank you for your reponse. I'm in the Domincan Republic and usually those transfers take less than 24 hours. The longest I've had to wait was 8 days. I've already contacted my bank multiple times and they couldn't help. Do you have any suggestions on how I could find more info? I haven't been getting a lot of help from Upwork's payment team.

After you have called Upwork "fraud" on a global, public,  open platform, if they have any sense at all they will decline to have any further business dealings with you and permanently close your profile and account as soon as this mess is resolved.

-this-bar-sucks-lets-come-back-three-more-times-this-week--bf762.png

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Hi Alex,

I can see that you already shared this information with our support team, and it was escalated to the apropriate team. Please allow time for them to carefully investigate all facts and once they do they will reach out to you with more details.

Thank you for patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Alex J, I'm in the Dominican Republic too, I receive my money in a cheaper but not faster way (4 days always).

I did not know wire transfer was available for us.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members