Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPWork Shoud Impose Basic Minimum Wages for This Kind of Clients

amitkmondal
Amit K Member Since: May 4, 2017
1 of 9

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Uprok shoud thik about the basic minimum wages to all the freelancer. Without this Upwork don't deserve 20% service fee.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 9

Upwork has minimum rates, it's $3/hour, $5 fixed.

Everything else is freelancer's discretion. If somebody wants to upload 10.000 products for $15, let them be. 

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 9

I do not work for Upwork. Upwork has no business deciding how much I earn...or want to earn. I determine that. I do not earn wages. Wages implies I work for a boss. I do not work for a boss. I work for myself. I run my own business. I choose whom I work with. I choose whom I do not wish to work with. I choose how much I want to get paid. If the payments is too low I say no thank you. It is as simple as that.

abdulrazaq89
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
4 of 9

Hi Irene, 

I endorse Irene point of view or game plan.  I also have the same strategy, and I am satisfied what I have done since 2010. I do not care what other charges and what clients offer. I see what is better for me to do. 

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
5 of 9

@ Irene:

IMO a great philosophy-KISS.  I prefer "keep it simple, sweetie" to "keep it simple, stupid."  Woman Wink

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 9

Amit: Upwork ALREADY has a minimum rate for ALL clients.

This site offers a great deal of freedom to both clients and freelancers.

You can set your rates at almost any dollar amount you want. This is a good thing.

Also keep in mind that if Upwork policies or the jobs available here don't meet your approval, you can just pretend the whole site does not exist.

You can use other sites (and there are many). Or you can avoid online freelancing altogether.

I can assure you that the wealthiest people in your community and country do NOT use Upwork.

abitoguna
Ace Contributor
Akinbode A Member Since: Nov 1, 2016
7 of 9

No one types my proposals for me, no one accepts job offers on my behalf. I see a job, and I apply if the value is worth my time.

Upwork is just my office that I pay rent for.

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
8 of 9

No unions here. You make your own bed.

charles_kozierok
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
9 of 9

If you think you need Upwork to force clients to pay you more, you have probably chosen the wrong way to make a living.

This isn't a job, it's a marketplace. You can make what you convince clients you are worth. The rest is noise.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS