🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: UPWork ads on Google
Page options
theeggman411
Community Member

UPWork ads on Google

I have seen a couple of ads while searching on google in the last few days where UpWork is featuring different writers.

One was advertising the best 27 writers in the UK.

The other was advertising the 12 best in Scottland.

Does anyone know how to get on those lists?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
lysis10
Community Member

Steve E wrote:

I have seen a couple of ads while searching on google in the last few days where UpWork is featuring different writers.

One was advertising the best 27 writers in the UK.

The other was advertising the 12 best in Scottland.

Does anyone know how to get on those lists?

Thanks

I think they're automated. They have "top x on Upwork" pages for a lot of search queries. Some of the queries are pretty ummmmm "creative" in the expletive department. haha

lizablau
Community Member

Around one year ago (maybe longer), somebody from Upwork contacted me and asked if I'd give permission to be "featured" in various promotions, such as ads, etc.  I think I had to sign something, but I don't really remember now.  But I'm pretty sure nothing ever came of it. 

lysis10
Community Member

Lisa B wrote:

Around one year ago (maybe longer), somebody from Upwork contacted me and asked if I'd give permission to be "featured" in various promotions, such as ads, etc.  I think I had to sign something, but I don't really remember now.  But I'm pretty sure nothing ever came of it. 

I think he's talking about the pages auto-generated based on search queries. I've been on them too but the list changes frequently I think based on algorithm rotation.

You can use expletives in queries to find some funny lists. lol

lizablau
Community Member

Oh. I thought he was asking about public ads that feature freelancers because I know that's what Upwork contacted me about.  I didn't know about the auto-generated stuff based on search queries. 

lysis10
Community Member

Lisa B wrote:

Oh. I thought he was asking about public ads that feature freelancers because I know that's what Upwork contacted me about.  I didn't know about the auto-generated stuff based on search queries. 

If you do something like "freelancers in the UK" on Google, one of the links on the first page is "The best freelacers for hire in the UK" with a list of freelancers on Upwork. Upwork has likely thousands of auto-generated pages like this, but the list rotates. Sometimes when I'm doing my detective work, I have to look at cached pages because the freelancer I'm looking for is not on the list when I click the link but the page shows up in a search.

Yeah... the ads featuring freelancers are a totally different thing.

The auto-generated pages are just meant to be found by potential clients doing web searches. Not a bad thing, if it brings clients to the platform. But it does not really "mean anything."

An Upwork freelancer certainly can not contact Upwork and ask to have the platform's esteemed literary committee consider them for inclusion on Upwork's "prestigious list of the top writers in Scotland."

Straightforward SEO.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

I agree with the other users that the featured search results are auto-generated but in order to provide confirmation, could you please share a screenshot with me in a private message (select my name > Message tab)? Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
64eabc80
Community Member

i am not using google ads 

any creat this  account not working 

show in my computer sceen 

your account is suspend

that is resune of account suspend

Hi Rupesh,

Could you please share more details so that I can advise you accordingly?
Regarding your account, at the moment is still not submitted for a review. You will need to complete your application and once you`re ready click on the green button Review Application.
Once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
64eabc80
Community Member

tell me hindi sir

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths