cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT : Should I delete this block of time from Upwork diary?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 12

@Fanny K wrote:

Perhaps you started later because you were familiarizing yourself with the project? Otherwise I can't think of any reason you would.

I start the second I get the time tracker going.

Because the time segments go from XX.10 to XX.20, XX.20 to XX.30, XX.30 to XX.40, XX.40 to XX.50, XX.50 to XX.00 - it does not matter whether you start working as soon as you log on, if you start logging at XX.X9 that segment will only have a level of activity of 1 because only one minute in the segment was logged.

satyasivani
Satya Sivani K Member Since: Mar 1, 2015
12 of 12

Hi, Thanks for the inputs.

@Fanny K wrote:

Perhaps you started later because you were familiarizing yourself with the project? Otherwise I can't think of any reason you would.

I didn't think much.....I used to start the tracker when I am all set to work, not noticing in which minute of the time block I am in. Unfortunately, some of the sessions started in XX:X8 or XX:X9, resulting in low activity.

I often have to ask the client to either allow manual time or to add extra hours, as it will often not register time spent proofreading, for example, since it thinks that I am inactive.

Yes, with a week's experience, I too realised that the tracker decides the level of my activeness based on only the keystrokes and mouse clicks. The interface of the app, on which I am working, loads very slowly.  All that time, I just have to keep staring at the window without switching to any other window as the tracker might take a screen shot at any time. I wonder if the tracker considers that loading time as active or not.

It's a tricky one, I find the time tracker skips time. 

As far as I know, the tracker doesn't skip any time. It covers every minute either in the current ten-minute block or in the next. 

Good Day.

Sivani
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS