🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » URGENT and IMPORTANT - Issue related to payme...
Page options
d47fbcf0
Community Member

URGENT and IMPORTANT - Issue related to payment procedure

My client asked me for my bank details for payment. And they are asking for an upfront payment of $300 to clear transaction charges (BofA).
Please find below the screenshot of the charges.
Kindly help.

@

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sofia2008
Community Member

You were provided help in a previous post Solved: Re: I'm new - Kindly help - Upwork Community

RE: My client asked me for my bank details for payment.

This is not your client. You have not been hired. - Do not provide any personnal bankink information.

RE: And they are asking for an upfront payment of $300

Do not pay that amount. This is a scam. They only want your money and you will never receive the $3000.

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract is in place is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Accepting payment outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Paying money to a client outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Your account can get suspended for that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d47fbcf0
Community Member

Please help.

Gargi, what sort of help are you looking for?

1) Report this client

2) Do not communicate outside Upwork until you are formally hired 

3) NEVER  pay anything upfront - ever! 

4) Please read the links that your have been given in your other post. 

Somehow I am seeing a huge disjunct between your posts in the forum and your profile ... 

sofia2008
Community Member

You were provided help in a previous post Solved: Re: I'm new - Kindly help - Upwork Community

RE: My client asked me for my bank details for payment.

This is not your client. You have not been hired. - Do not provide any personnal bankink information.

RE: And they are asking for an upfront payment of $300

Do not pay that amount. This is a scam. They only want your money and you will never receive the $3000.

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract is in place is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Accepting payment outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Paying money to a client outside of Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Your account can get suspended for that.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members