cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT help please! Client cancelled the contract and requested a refund but changed his mind

michelemazibuko
Michele M Member Since: May 9, 2017
1 of 4

Hi there

Please help me ASAP as I am not sure what to do here. 

My client cancelled the contract a few minutes after the first milestone deadline had passed, and requested a refund. 

I spoke to him and sent him the work, and explained why it was late (There was a bad storm and my roof had blown off).

He was happy with the work provided and accepted my apology. He now wants to reinstate the contract and cancel the refund request. 

What do I do, or what should he do from here?

Please let me know. 

Thanks so much,

Michele

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

The client can issue a bonus payment, that will take care of the payment, but if the client ended the contract he left feedback already...

When did all of this actually happen?

michelemazibuko
Michele M Member Since: May 9, 2017
3 of 4

Hi there, it all happened today, this morning. Can he change the feedback he left?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Michele,

Since you still haven't responded to your client's refund request, you can reject it and once our team follow up with both of you to assist with the dispute, confirm you agreed the funds should be released to you as a freelancer after having delivered the work.

Note that your client can change their public feedback after you enable this option for them but their private feedback will remain unchanged, as Petra stated.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS