cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Details for UK Project ????????

Pradeep A Member Since: Feb 8, 2019
1 of 12

This is the UK posted job, but I'm receiving the error while proposing as to update US bank details. I'm confused with this error.

1.png

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 12

Pradeep A wrote:

This is the UK posted job, but I'm receiving the error while proposing as to update US bank details. I'm confused with this error.

1.png

ETA:  I apologise Pradeep, I didn't read this thoroughly and it is confusing, because it is possible to have a bank account in the U.S. without living there. I have flagged your post, because I am sure I am not the only one who would like an answer to this.

3 of 12

I get that. But, why is the project open only for the freelancers based in  the UK. Am i missing something here? Hope it is a defect

Community Guru
4 of 12

Pradeep, 

Sorry, I have just edited my first reply - and you are right - I am missing something too, given that it is possible to have a bank account in U.S. without being resident there.

Community Guru
5 of 12

I would also like to know if the application process has changed.

As far as I know, one can apply to any job on Upwork provided the client has not specified (in their settings) an actual location, in which case, freelancers who do not live in the relevant country, will not even see the job post. 

In my experience, a  proposal sent to a client who "prefers" freelancers from a specific country (but has not actually blocked freelancers from other countries from applying)  will get a little red exclamation mark next to the preference, and a message saying that although one does not fulfil the requirements one can still apply. So why was the OP not allowed to apply at all for this particular job?  

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 12

Hi Pradeep,

We weren't able to replicate the error you described but there may be a different error and we'll investigate further. I'll share your account information with our team so that they can reach out to you directly via support ticket and keep you updated regarding this issue. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
7 of 12

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for your reply. But I'm still not able to place a proposal for that particular job and am still receiving the same error message.

And from the screenshot, it is clear that the error message "Because this job has a U.S. location requirement, you must confirm your location before submitting a proposal. To proceed, add a bank account so we can confirm you reside in the U.S." is contradictory to the Location specific restriction message "Only freelancers located in the U.K. may apply"

Does this not sound like a defect? To provide a better picture, I wasn't allowed to navigate to "Submit a Proposal" page until I submitted my documents to prove that I'm a resident of the UK. And after verifying myself as UK freelancer, I was able to navigate to this and then I see this message. while submitting the proposal by clicking on 'Submit a Proposal'

Or Has the project owner (Client) explicitly set it in such a way to be proposed by UK freelancer who has accounts in the US? Please confirm.

Regards,.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 12

Pradeep,

Bojan has escalated your case for further investigation and this support ticket was created for you. Our engineers are currently working on the issue that may be causing the error you see. We'll keep you updated via the ticket.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Angel Jose J Member Since: Feb 25, 2019
9 of 12

I have a problem with jobs posted for UK only: I am in the UK and I have just verified my location by uploading my driving licence, but when I try to submit a proposal for a UK-only job, I get an error telling me I can't due to my location. 

Confusingly, the error says:

"Because this job has a U.S. location requirement, you must confirm your location before submitting a proposal. To proceed, add a bank account so we can confirm you reside in the U.S."

When in fact the job is based in the UK and for UK-based freelancers. Can someone help with this please? 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
10 of 12

Hi Angel Jose,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further. 

Please, share the job post link with me via a PM so that I can check this from our end and provide additional information for our support team.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS