🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » USA Freelancers
Page options
janegrussell
Community Member

USA Freelancers

What is the point of having a 'USA only' tab if anyone can still apply??

I was just looking through some feedback a client had left and thought how cheaply the people are doing the jobs and when I check their profiles they aren't even in the USA

It's annoying as so many people just want 'the cheapest possible' for everything 

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Jane R wrote:

I was just looking through some feedback a client had left and thought how cheaply the people are doing the jobs and when I check their profiles they aren't even in the USA

Not everyone outside the US is cheap, and not every US client sets every job to 'USA only.' 

If you want to only work for US clients who only hire US freelancers, then a global (!) platform probably contains too many foreigners for you.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Jane R wrote:

I often click on these jobs. I do get an warning message saying that the client prefers to work with freelancers in the U.S. but I can still apply, but if I'm a good fit for the project and can accommodate their hours, then what's the problem? It's up to the client if they want to hire someone outside the U.S. 

If you're complaining that foreigners are taking jobs away from Americans, you're not going to get anywhere with that. That ship has sailed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths