🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » USD withdrawal in Europe
Page options
robyk
Community Member

USD withdrawal in Europe

Hello,

I have a company on Europe which I use to work on upwork from.
Would like to be able to withdraw earnings in USD instead of EURO or the country currency as on each of these two the conversion rate is awful, leading to loses of $17-$40 depending on the currency used.

I have a USD bank account and would like to simply transfer from  Upwork USD in my bank account USD.
Why is this not available? 
I'm pretty sure other freelancers have this issue also and to be honest it's not fair at all since it's not that big of a deal to just allow us to add USD accounts also

Waiting for a reply. Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, at the moment, the only option to withdraw in US dollars is to use our Wire Transfer method. To learn more about the fees and timings for this type of withdrawals check out this Help Article. If you would like to view all of our available payment methods and chose the one that best fits your needs check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Robert K wrote:

Why is this not available?

It is available: Wire transfer @ $ 30

robyk
Community Member

Hey Petra,
Thank you.
Let me rephrase that. Why isn't it available 

petra_r
Community Member

Robert K wrote:

Hey Petra,
Thank you.
Let me rephrase that. Why isn't it available 

Which part of "It is available" would you like me to explain to you?

robyk
Community Member

My bad, it seems that for some reason it's missing a big chunk of what I've wrote.

My question is why do we have the option only for Wire transfer when it comes to USD?

Since all the contracts are in USD, I find it so crazy to force me to either pay a big wire transfer flat fee or have me change USD into EURO or another local currency at a very low fee?

Is this just a plan that Upwork has in, to piggyback the money for a longer period (since for a $30 flat fee, it makes sense to withdraw when you hit at least $3000 in funds) or force people to opt for EURO or local funds where the exchange rates are just simply bad?

I get it that this is not USA where you can do free transfers but please, if contracts are in USD at least provide an option that is not so expensive to withdraw in USD.

Otherwise maybe it should be the moment to allow contracts to be in EURO also . So a freelancer from Europe can bill their clients in Euro and withdraw in Euro at $1 fee. We pay 5-20% fees anyway along the way on earnings..why make them even smaller?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, at the moment, the only option to withdraw in US dollars is to use our Wire Transfer method. To learn more about the fees and timings for this type of withdrawals check out this Help Article. If you would like to view all of our available payment methods and chose the one that best fits your needs check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members