🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: UW not implement/accept  ''3D secure '' c...
Page options
kalaani
Community Member

UW not implement/accept  ''3D secure '' cards ???

Why UW not implement/accept  ''3D secure '' cards that send  OTP request when pay via card .

3D Secure is a technical standard created by Visa and MasterCard to further secure CNP (Card-holder Not Present) transactions over the Internet.  

Is there any way i can get OTP,  because i have to do immediate payment. 

7 REPLIES 7
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kalaani,

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I have already forwarded your comment to our Payment Team. I'll provide an update once I have more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Kalaani,

I'd like to share more information about your concerns. Whether 3DS is available or not depends on the bank and is not something Upwork has control over. If the 3DS is required by the bank, the user may be prompted to authenticate when making a payment on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have the same problem,my card has 3D but it does not accepted as a billing method

Hi Mohammad,

I checked and see that your credit card hasn't been accepted as a payment method on Upwork because the charges are being declined by the credit card issuer. Please, contact your bank or credit card issuer for more information.
In general, as Valeria shared below, if the 3DS is required by the bank, the user will be redirected to complete 3DS when making a payment on Upwork.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
84237e13
Community Member

Hello,

I have problem with adding debit cards, too. I tried various cards (Visa, MasterCard) and various european banks. Everything fails on 3D secure step, bank are complaining that your interface is not fulfilling technical specification.

Just to explain this to you, 3D secure is advanced payment verification *required* in EU. If the payment fails on this, *you* will see it in your system as "payment declined by issuer", but it is YOURS technical issue as your platform must implement 3D secure.

Please report this to your technical team, you're currently cutting of most of european customers on your platform! I honestly believe this is critical business issue on your side and I cannot believe that first reports of not supporting 3D secure on this forum are years old!

Hi Marek,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
iricatalin
Community Member

Well, the bank cannot change the security process for merchants that are not 3ds secure compliant. 

I tried with 2 banks, both rejeted the transactions and there's nothing I can do about it. 😞 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths