🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ukrainian Banks starts to support IBAN - ...
Page options
danilako
Community Member

Ukrainian Banks starts to support IBAN - direct payments from Upwork?

On 5 August, Ukrainian banks transfer all accounts to International Bank Account Number identification. So Upwork is planning to allow freelancers from Ukraine get paid by providing IBAN in payment methods?

11 REPLIES 11
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danila,

Apologies for the late response. Our team will follow up directly with you to clarify a few details related to your question and the change you mentioned, and advise you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hello Vladimir,

I think the topic is interesting for the wide public.

Would be there any information regarding that?

danilako
Community Member

I didn't get any answers too so don't worry that you miss something. I will reply to this topic if administration contact me regarding this question

pakizh
Community Member

Hello Vladimir,

It's not just a personal question for Danila and actually all Ukrainian freelancers are interested in how to setup IBAN payment method on UpWork.

Thank you in advance,

Denis

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

IBAN is international bank account number, and it's supported on Upwork. If your bank requires you to enter IBAN, please add the IBAN to bank account number field.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria!

Thank you for your reply, but now we're discussing a withdrawal with smaller fee ($1 like to Polish banks, available for Polish freelancers). My friend lives in Poland, he told me hat he withdraws funds from Upwork to Polish credit card with only $1 fee. On the next day, he has these funds on his credit card.

I am trying to add another payment method with my IBAN number, but Upwork says it's invalid

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oleksandr,

Please contact your local bank and verify the IBAN number of your bank account, in order to add a valid IBAN when setting your withdrawal method. 

Also, please try to generate your IBAN and try adding it again, let me know if it is accepted or you`re still getting the same error.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
optisamit
Community Member

Hello,
I contacted my bank and verified the details - they are ok. I also tried
generating my IBAN on this site https://www.iban.com/calculate-iban, it
gave me slightly different SWIFT-code, which doesn't work either.

Thank you

Hi Oleksandr and others,

I'd like to thank you for the insight you've shared and confirm that our team will look into the recent changes discussed in this thread and if and how they affect users located in Ukraine, and follow up with more information in the coming week. You can subscribe to the thread or follow up on it next week in order to stay updated.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
pakizh
Community Member

Hi Vladimir,

Any news on that topic? 3 weeks have passed 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths