🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » (Un)Supporting of the freelancers
Page options
agoral
Community Member

(Un)Supporting of the freelancers

Today I have a really strong desire to close profile on Upwork, even I am Top Rated. The reason is in a politics of Upwork towards freelancers. Two weeks ago I catch the hourly contract with one client, that give me a task, after delivering it in a very short term, he gave minor changes, again within 24 hours I made them. I never track hours on hourly contract, without agreement with the client. When work is done and the client happy, then I let myself track the hours.

After it the client appears as unresponsive because he cancelled the contract without warning. The client just choose among me and other freelancers that made this task for free, I guess. But that does not bother me so much.
I continue working as usual , when suddenly my Job Success fall form 97% to 92! BAM! It frustrating I must tell. I am a good editor and after working so hard on this JS, I suddenly looses percentage because of the unreliable client, and contract which I nailed.
The Upwork it is not bad platform, through year it was a place where I really could find good clients and interesting projects, but such things is like fly in the oniment
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anastasia, I wouldn't close my account for such a silly reason. Are you aware that if you changed your mind you couldn't open it again?

JSSs go up and down, they are totally silly features, don't take them too seriously.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a_lipsey
Community Member

Anastasiia H wrote:
Today I have a really strong desire to close profile on Upwork, even I am Top Rated. The reason is in a politics of Upwork towards freelancers. Two weeks ago I catch the hourly contract with one client, that give me a task, after delivering it in a very short term, he gave minor changes, again within 24 hours I made them. I never track hours on hourly contract, without agreement with the client. When work is done and the client happy, then I let myself track the hours.

After it the client appears as unresponsive because he cancelled the contract without warning. The client just choose among me and other freelancers that made this task for free, I guess. But that does not bother me so much.
I continue working as usual , when suddenly my Job Success fall form 97% to 92! BAM! It frustrating I must tell. I am a good editor and after working so hard on this JS, I suddenly looses percentage because of the unreliable client, and contract which I nailed.
The Upwork it is not bad platform, through year it was a place where I really could find good clients and interesting projects, but such things is like fly in the oniment

You did not use timetracker properly, then you ended up with a no earnings contract. Upwork is pretty open about the fact that these negatively impact JSS.  Your policy about not using time tracker is backwards. Upwork would protect you and support you if you were using it properly, but you are not.  You did not lose percentage because of the unreliable client, but because you  did not use Upwork properly. 

Anastasia, I wouldn't close my account for such a silly reason. Are you aware that if you changed your mind you couldn't open it again?

JSSs go up and down, they are totally silly features, don't take them too seriously.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members