cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un responsive client

Ace Contributor
Sonal V Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
1 of 5
I need advice as I am new on odesk and stuck in a situation where I don't know what to do further. I was hired for a job 4 days ago on a fixed price contract & the milestone is due on 3 rd may but the client has not assigned any work so far and is not responding to my messages , although the client has good feedbacks and he has hired many contractors for the same job but I don't what is wrong? I asked help from odesk help support and they messaged the client and then the client messaged me to talk on Skype for further instructions, he is already added on my Skype and I am messaging him everyday but there is no response . Now the due date is near & I have no work so what shall I submit. If I end the contract & refund the money then it will effect my job success score & I do t want that too. Pls advice what would be the best solution.
Ace Contributor
Angela B Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 5

Two things:

1 Stop emailing him every day. It's not professional. If he doesn't respond right away, wait. People are busy and may not have time to answer you right away. 

2. If he doesn't get back to you by the third, move along. A client that ignores you for over a week isn't likely to pay you on time either. 

Ace Contributor
3 of 5
Thanks for the advice ! I am ok to let go the contract but I don't know how ? If I cross the deadline and the work is not submitted then it will effect my profile and not him , I am just worried about that.
Ace Contributor
Angela B Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
4 of 5

He can't leave you any feedback if he doesn't pay you, so don't worry about that. The contract might remain open but it's not going to hurt you. Just let it be for a while and if you don't hear back email him and ask him to close it. If he doesn't you can just end the contract yourself. 

Also the deadline is usually a guess for many clients so it isn't going to look bad on you, especially if you don't have any info from the client. 

Ace Contributor
5 of 5
Thanks Angela I am so relieved after your advice now I can concentrate on looking for new jobs, I am new here so don't know many things yet !
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS