🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to Add Manual Time - Mods, PLEASE HELP
Page options
iaabraham
Community Member

Unable to Add Manual Time - Mods, PLEASE HELP

Can a moderator please help me? I paid for Freelancer Plus membership, which supposedly means I get access to Premium Customer Support, [apparently not Man Frustrated ] but as usual, I got stuck with someone who didn't read my issue and has no idea what I'm saying.

- So, I have manual time enabled on contract ID 21698363

- Today, I only logged 30 minutes on this contract through the time tracker (I didn't work on any other contracts).

- The time tracker glitched while I was working, so it didn't track time for 20 minutes of my work.

- I tried to manually add the extra 20 minutes to the work diary (in addition to the 30 minutes successfully logged). The "add manual time" button was green when the work diary opened.

- As soon as I clicked on the "add manual time" button, it greyed out and would not allow me to add manual time. 

- The customer support rep is saying that's because I am trying to add time to a segment that already has logged time, but that is not correct because I didn't select any segment/slot. The issue is with the actual button, which just greys out. Unless some rules have changed, it is impossible that I cannot add manual time to any segment today, as I have only logged 30 minutes of time on only 1 contract the entire day!

- Adding screenshots below.

Please can a mod assist? I have successfully added manual time many times before in the past, so has something changed in the way we have to do it?

add manual time button green.png

add manual time button greyed out.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I checked this for you and in the moment when the "Add Manual Time" button turns gray, the "Add manual time" pop up window should show up. Could you please check if your browser's pop up blocker is not preventing this window to show up? Could you please check if the experience is the same with other browsers? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into this issue and assist you accordingly.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isabelle Anne,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I checked this for you and in the moment when the "Add Manual Time" button turns gray, the "Add manual time" pop up window should show up. Could you please check if your browser's pop up blocker is not preventing this window to show up? Could you please check if the experience is the same with other browsers? Let us know if the issue persists and we'll look further into this issue and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
iaabraham
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Hi Isabelle Anne,

Thanks Bojan. I don't think there's any blocked popups because I don't get any such notification in the browser an it's never happened before. I don't have any other browser to try and don't want to install others as I'm using the best (Chrome). I just saw now that after I ended the customer support chat, the customer support rep emailed with steps to resolve my browser issue (they had not mentioned anything about my browser during the actual chat), so let me try those and get back to you. Although it's the same inconvenient suggestions of "clear your cache, cookies," etc.

[Actually I just saw that I have the Edge browser, and that allows me to add manual time. I guess I will just use another browser to add manual time in future then, as I don't want to clear cache, history, etc. for this browser. Thanks for your suggestion Bojan. Please ask the customer support reps to read our tickets properly the first time round...!]

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths