Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Download Documents in Job Post

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
1 of 47

Saw a job post by a verified client, tried to download the doc they attached in their post, and got this error:

"For your security, we're scanning the file you requested to ensure it isn't hiding a virus or malware. This should just take a few seconds. Please try downloading it again in a minute."

Waited a few minutes, but it still didn't allow me to download the doc, even after refreshing, etc. I've never seen this error before. Is this a new "feature" and why am I unable to download the doc?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 47

Yikes!  Sounds like the client has a problem.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 47

Hi Isabelle Anne,

Most likely there is an issue with the file the client uploaded. Could you please send me a link to the job post in a private message and we'll check it.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
catbill
Ace Contributor
Cathy C Member Since: Apr 17, 2016
4 of 47

This is happening with every attachment today.  It cannot be because there is suddenly something wrong with all attachments.

I am sending a link to Valeria privately.

This widget could not be displayed.
5 of 47
This widget could not be displayed.

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Saw a job post by a verified client, tried to download the doc they attached in their post, and got this error:

"For your security, we're scanning the file you requested to ensure it isn't hiding a virus or malware. This should just take a few seconds. Please try downloading it again in a minute."

Waited a few minutes, but it still didn't allow me to download the doc, even after refreshing, etc. I've never seen this error before. Is this a new "feature" and why am I unable to download the doc?

I just had the same problem. It seems like the system tries to scan the document (which is good) but unfortunately stops here and the document is no longer available. But wait, I have just looked at the budget and do not need the document anymore (job was repairing a non-native translation that has been rejected by the client, just wanted to know how bad the translation was). Anyway I would be interested to know the reason. I cannot send any document because it is blocked.

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
6 of 47

Margarete,

That translation was beyond 'repairing' 😉

Did you check out the website? They just hired somebody and will probably disappoint that poor client again...

And yes, I encountered the same problem when trying to download the file. I waited, but nothing changed.

The file was probably OK.

Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 20.21.38.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 47

Thanks for the private messages with the links. I am checking with the team and will update this thread once I have more information.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
pjacobomdq
Pablo J Member Since: May 30, 2016
8 of 47

Hi! Since early today I can't access any attachments in the site, nor mine or from people posting job offers. I keep getting the:

message all the time. Anyone with the same issue?

Thank you!

pjacobomdq
Pablo J Member Since: May 30, 2016
9 of 47

Same happening to me, since early today. Frustrating.

romaindo
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
10 of 47

Hi,

I sent a proposal with an attachment file (pdf). I can't open this file as they are "scanning" it to ensure it isn't hiding a virus. 2 hours later I still can't open it. Why??

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS