🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to Send Funds direct to local bank
Page options
akim_wallace
Community Member

Unable to Send Funds direct to local bank

The direct to local bank payment method has been deactivated several times after trying to transfer funds from my acount. I re-activated it but still no luck and each time the charges are taken out and the difference sent back to my account which sees the sum of money gradually getting less. Kindly advise as to why I cannot transfer the money, because I have transferred money before with the same exact details and now it does not work.

2 REPLIES 2
vteck_solution
Community Member

Depending upon your home country or bank, Direct to Local Bank payments may be subject to different timing, fees, or restrictions.

Timing

In general, direct to local bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank.

There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing. After that, transfers will be processed the following business day. Bank holidays in the U.S. or your country can delay your funds.

Fees

The cost per withdrawal direct to your local bank is $0.99 (plus incoming fees at some banks). Sending funds in your local currency may reduce or eliminate incoming bank fees.

The currency conversion will be performed by Upwork's banking partner at the time the funds are sent to you. While it's not possible to show the real-time conversion rate, you can check the last exchange rate used by Upwork's banking partner on the manual withdrawal form.

If you haven't already, add a Direct to Local Bank account in Settings    Get Paid. Once you are Direct to Local Bank payment method is activated (it takes 3 days), you can click Get Paid Now at any time and select your local bank account to see the last used conversion rate for your currency.

Our bank partner works directly with most of each country's major banks to avoid delayed payments and reduce added fees. For information on adding Direct to Local Bank as a payment method, click here.

Restrictions

You must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on your bank account. If the name on your bank account doesn't match your verified name on Upwork, fix it here.

If your bank asks for a Certificate of Earnings, download one from your Reports tab.

For country-specific maximum per transaction limits and restrictions, check the following list.
The limits below are listed in U.S. Dollars (USD). Check with your bank for any further details.

What are you referring to?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members