🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to Submit Proposals
Page options
349483b9
Community Member

Unable to Submit Proposals

Hey guys,

I just joined upwork a few weeks ago, and have been experiecing the same problem since the beginning: I'm unable to submit any proposal that requires any more information/questions than the cover letter. If there is only one text field for the cover letter, and no subsequent fields with additional questions, I can submit my proposal without any problems. However, if there are required fields other than the cover letter, the "submit proposal" button at the bottom of the page doesn't do anything.

Normally, when you hover over an active button the URL for the page you will be redirected to is displayed in the lower left hand corner of your screen (in chrome and firefox at least), but there's no such URL displayed during the circumstances I'm describing.

I have tried this with several different proposals with the exact same result. I have also tried on different computers, different ISPs, different browsers, different everything you could think of - all with the same result.

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to figure this out with upwork support to no avail (they eventually just stopped responding to me), so was hoping someone here on the forum has had (or heard of) the same issue.

Thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI James, 

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. A member of our team reached out to you already via your existing support ticket and is awaiting for your response. Kindly, respond to the previously mentioned support ticket with more information about the issue you're experiencing. Once our team has more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
349483b9
Community Member

The link you provided says "the page you were looking for doesn't exist", as does the link to my support ticket from the email exchanges I've had with your support staff. I just checked my inbox for anything that came from upwork, and none of the ones I see contain a support response from the last week - merely me begging for an update. So where is this response you're referring to?

Hi James,

We're sorry for any delays in getting back to you. Our team is currently reviewing your account and will update you directly. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members