🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to Verify Bank Account Information
Page options
hyoomcreatives
Community Member

Unable to Verify Bank Account Information

Tried to verify my bank account information, followed the instructions, and have now been instructed to "Contact Customer Support" which I am unable to do. Any suggestions or does anyone know how I can speak with a human at Upwork?

2 REPLIES 2
marstefan
Community Member

Greetings Jessica, 

In case you're adding a US Bank Account:

"ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, a network for electronic financial transactions that allows for transfers to any U.S. bank account, commonly known as direct deposit.

Note: When adding your bank information, the beneficiary name on your bank account must match the name on your Upwork profile. Exceptions may be made for transgender users and common name changes. (i.e. Robert to Bob) If your payment method was flagged for a name mismatch, please contact support to resolve the issue or add a new payment method." - Upwork Help Center

"To verify the account

1. Go to Settings  Get Paid
  2. Click Verify Now on your bank account in the Payment Methods list
  3. Enter the two amounts on the form and click Verify

For security reasons, your new payment method will become active in three days after you confirm the account.

It's essential that you enter your bank information correctly. Any errors could result in a failed transfer or delay. Contact your bank if you're not sure you have the correct information or if you received an error when you tried to enter it in our system." - Upwork Help Center

To contact support go to https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us chat with the bot and write AGENT, it will redirect you to this link https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?utm_source=ada&utm_medium=bot&utm_campaign=handoff there you will choose the option that better fits your needs and a representative will be with you in around 24 hours.

MY ADVICE: 

A simpler way to receive your payments is setting it up with pay pal, there you can link your account in a timely manner and they provide 24/7 phone and chat support, it's definitely worth the 1USD fee for transfers.

Best of lucks,

Maria **Edited for Community Guidelines**

JoanneP

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and will assist you in verifying your payment method. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members