🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to access upwork account due to em...
Page options
Community Member

Unable to access upwork account due to email issue

Hello Upwork, I created this account because I lost access to my old one. The gmail account linked to my former account got disabled and I no longer have access to it. As a result, I can no longer gain access to the linked Upwork account. I had a verified account on upwork linked to the now disabled Gmail account and enabled the "google sign-in" feature.

I intend to have this issue resolved and then delete this account I just created. I am aware that this is a violation of the user agreement, but I truly need to get this resolved and I have no way of accessing the Upwork help center without a functional upwork account. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
NikolaS

Hi Adamson,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. We can assist you with regaining access to your old account. But you should close the new account to avoid making a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

Edited to add information.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello Nikola, I sent a PM a while ago and I still haven't received any feedback. Is there any particular information that you need in order to help solve my issue? 

Thank you

Hi Adamson,

I received your PM and I shared your report with our team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hey Nikola, I still haven't been able to gain access to my old account. I did receive an email from one of your agents, but I was told they noticed I had been able to gain access to my account, which isn't true. Although it did take me a while to reply their email, I told them that I haven't been able to gain access and I provided the information I was asked to provide.

I am replying to let you know I still haven't received any feedback regarding that. I really need to gain access to that account because I have to take an upwork skills assessment test this week on that account or it will be placed on hold.

Hi Adamson,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you via email as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello Upwork, I created this account because I lost access to my old one. The gmail account linked to my former account got disabled and I no longer have access to it. As a result, I can no longer gain access to the linked Upwork account. I had a verified account on upwork linked to the now disabled Gmail account and enabled the "google sign-in" feature.

I intend to have this issue resolved and then delete this account I just created. I am aware that this is a violation of the user agreement, but I truly need to get this resolved and I have no way of accessing the Upwork help center without a functional upwork account. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

I already posted this issue before, but got no feedback. I really need help Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members