🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to be searched
Page options
uzairs3
Community Member

Unable to be searched

Hi,
I am on Upwork for a long time and yet no work I got, even after adding many samples, job histories, and advertising. What I noticed is that I am unable to search myself on Upwork so there must be some bug that is why even the client couldn't have been able to find me. Kindly fix the issue as I think there must be some bug.

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Uzair,

Our search is based on several factors that are continuing to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for search order, and those rules are likely to change so any specific advice that we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer a mainly static search, meaning it stays the same all the time. A contractor's search position is likely to ebb-and-flow depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors.

Some good principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile

As you are new to Upwork, I suggest checking out the Freelancing Resources board where you can find plenty of articles that can help you with boosting your success.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members