🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to buy connects, Payment was decli...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Edaans,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks

Hi I am also unable to buy connects. Same message comes up, payment declined. I am using mastercard debit. Thanks

Hi Charmaine, 

I checked your account and can confirm that your issuing bank declined the transaction. Kindly check this directly with your local bank for more information. In the meantime, you can add an alternative billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I added a master card in the billing method but again & again payment declined. Please See my attached.

Please help me. 

Hi Ariful,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am also having same problem. Kindly tell me how can i solve this.

Hi,

I am having same problem. kindly guide me.

Hi Rana,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with purchasing connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please i am experiencing issue, i need connects to apply for jobs but my payment is being declined. Any Help?

Hi Adam,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
d3bd2fe1
Community Member

Facing same kind of Problem. I am using Discover Card & unable to buy any connects. Which I registered today. Do I want to give some time for it..?

Hi Srinivasan,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I have my payment declined while i was buying connects for my freelancer account. Note that i have an agency attached too which has been using the same card. Since the payment was declined, I tried one more card but of no use. Can you help me out what's wrong?

Regards 

Zeyad A.

Hi Muhammad Zeyad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

hello.  my payment thru is being declined too.  

your support is not working

Hi Geoffrey,

I checked your account and couldn't find the support ticket you are referring to. Could you please send me more information so that I can check? If you need help with purchasing Connects or setting up your Billing method, please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also have the same issue. Please help

Hi Cristine,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem also raised to me so many times still. but no one helps to me. 

Hi Durga,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

ı have the same problem could you help me 

Hi Ehsan,

Are you receiving any errors on your end? If yes, could you please share the text of the error? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

• Hello, I am having the same issue regarding the card payment method and I not seem to find the problem since I tried several cards just in case. It would be kind if you could help.

Hi Berk,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same issue with me, I am trying to buy connections but every time payment declined.

I have added Billing Method to buy connections, but I am unable to buy connections because every time it says "Payment was declined". I am using a VISA Debit Card. As I have searched I have found that maybe my VISA card may need to be verified by Upwork, but I am unable to find any way to Verify it too then I added another master card of mine but not working out.

even after using PayPal nothing happens.

I need help on this issue,

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Abhishek,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet. You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,
I wanted to buy Connects through a Visa Card of my friend (with his consent). But whenever I tried to add the payment method it was showing “Unable to Authorize the card”. However, I purchased connects before with this card. But, I deleted the payment method since it is not my card. Please help me out.
Thanks & Regards
Sushanta Choudhury.

Hi Sushanta,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Talha,

Did you see this article on how to verify payment?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068038-Add-a-Credit-Card?flash_digest=28d10ac3f6a15b...

Thanks,

Kash

Yes i have seen this, but i am unable to see the link to verify the account -> Requires Verification. Verify Now.

I have also contacted the Bank and they are saying that the problem is arising from Upwork and not the Bank.

Thankyou

Hi Talha,

I checked and it seems that you have followed up on your open ticket. Kindly, allow time for our team to carefully review your request and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response. We thank you for your patience.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there,

I'm facing the same problem. I have a VISA Debit Card (India). Everytime that I try to update my membership, it shows that the payment was declined. No clue why. Kindly help me out here since I'm stuck getting no new clients. Thanks in advance!

-Dhaval G.

Hi Dhaval,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey thanks! Will check it out.

Thanks . am in Africa I wanna buy connects . please assist

Hi Anthony,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I'm also facing Payment was declined. issue, while I contected bank they are saying everything ok from theire side, kindly help me, I wan to buy connect so that I can submit proposals. 

Your help will be realy appriciated, Also I'm unable to find path where I can generate a support ticket etc.

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths