🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Unable to complete video verification
Page options
mairasalazar
Community Member

Unable to complete video verification

Hello,

When I log in my account, the following message is displayed:

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

The problem is, when I click on the link, it takes to the Help center and then, before I can click on anything else, takes me back to Upwork's homepage. I have tried accessing that link through my account, and still doesn't work. I've tried using another browser, same thing happens. Even when I try logging in the Help Center, it redirects me to the homepage. Is there any way to make the link work, and finally have the video verification call?

Thank you for yout help,

Maira

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maria,

Could you please try now to complete the verification process and let me know if you`re still experiencing the same problem. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124

Hey Goran! I recently have been required to complete the verification process. the ID step is already completed but I am having troubles with the video one. Can you please help me out?

i have the same problem but may message is "Verify your Identity by 05/21/2020 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Get started." when i clicked on the link, it takes to help center, i tried to other browsers and its the same.

Hi Jesus, 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with completing the video verification process. Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello I have the same issues and I’m totally confused because
I don’t know if I have to wait for my I.D to be verified before I have the video identification

Please help me
Email: **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Soji-Odus,

You're free to initiate a short video call while our team is reviewing your ID. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also unable to do the video verification. It keeps pushing to the same page where i am clicking on the account settings. 

Hi Kailash,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having a problem with Video verification. I have uploaded my National ID but when I click on chat now for video verification, In the chat option if I say I want to verify myself. All-time the bot reply me the message. No agent is talking. But I have one day to verify my identity. What I do now?

Hi Sabbir,

I would recommend clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via Firefox to complete the process. If you`re still experiencing the same process after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. It worked. I have already verified my account. Thanks for the fast suggestion.

Hello, I have completed ID verificaction process and it's verified. But for video verification I have every technology which is required and when I click on start chat it takes me to this page.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?action=badge-verification
Also I haven't recevied any email about video call so I need help how can I get this done.
Thanks

Hi Zaid,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to click on the Start Chat button and initiate a short video call with our agent?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I hope that you can help me too! I have exactly the same issue at the moment. It would have been easier if I can have a chat with a rep but the option is not available. I can only send an email. My account is currently limited and is being asked to do an identity verification - video verification in particular. This is step is very simple and I don't have an issue with it. What makes it complicated is the fact that my account has completed both ID and Video verification processes way back Sept of 2019. This means that I do not have the link to proceed. And I am starting to get frustrated with the support that I receive. 

I am more than willing to comply and complete this asap but am not getting anywhere with Support.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi. I am also experiencing the same issue.. I've already processed the Id verification but the video verification link always redirects me to your supprot page.. I just want to finish my video verification. Thank you

oh and It seems that I also can't upload a pic for my profile picture? A message just pops up saying "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image."

Hi Abdel,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your profile image. I would also suggest logging in via Firefox to complete the verification.
If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, please follow up on your ticket with number 29459601. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

One of our Upwork freelancers is having the same issue and has not been paid for a task completed almost a month ago - could you please assist with this as well? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

I was not able to locate the freelancer you're referring to. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including the name of the freelancer or the contract you need help with? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same issue chat is not open it is redirected to the Upwork support page. kindly allow me to video verification today is my last date of verification.

Hi Fahad,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket regarding your concern. I will share your report with the team handling your case. One of our team members will follow up on your support ticket as soon as possible. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Please help me, I am having the same problem.

Hi Rudra,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Nikola
Upwork
erika-take
Community Member

Having the same problem! Please help.

Hi Erika,

I checked that you have already created a ticket regarding your concern with completing the video verification process. One of our team members will update the ticket and assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi! I'm having this same problem. I got my ID verified, but the video verification keeps going in circles. I've tried contacting customer support, but there's only a robot who AGAIN sends me in circles. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennilyn,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I actually just got it all taken care of! I hit the back button on one of the pages I kept being taken to, and the chat box randomly popped up. Thanks though!

I am logged in when I press "start chat" it takes me to the help page , where I had a second to see a "log in" button, but before I click it, my home page opens. I tried this numerous times with the same results. I have till tomorrow to complete, please help!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Krystyna,

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete the verification? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I tried all 3 CHrome, IE and Edge. Same results, so its not cache.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for the follow up Krystyna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also having issue with video verification. I need to do it by today, but the chat window always tell me no one is online at the moment. Going in circles.

I have emailed support, but have no response so far. Would love some advice before my account gets locked down.

Hi Nikaya,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you finished the verification. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive error.
Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.
How to proceed to next step?

Need your help...!

Hi Muhammad,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
c377f0f3
Community Member

I've provided the details and everything for the first step of ID verification, but when I start visual verification, I get timed out and receive error.
Constantly getting Timed Out when trying to start Visual Verification call.
How to proceed to next step?

Need your help...!

Hi Muhmmad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
relgiah
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I successfully verified my ID this morning; however, I am unable to initiate a video call to complete the process. Please advise. Thank you. 

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists after trying that so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I both cleared my history, cache and cookies on the latest versions of Chrome and Safari; however, I have ahd the same result when attempting to initiate a video verification. What else can I do to complete this and get to work?

Hi Jennifer,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths